How does your NCAA bracket look?

bubba

Recycles dryer sheets
Mine is struggling after several higher seeds went out yesterday, but I don't care. It's a wonderful time of the year.

My UW Huskies lost a heartbreaker to a very good Purdue team this afternoon. Right now Gonzaga is down to Western KY nearing the half. So my WA bracket is looking stressed. My other team, Kentucky, didn't even make it is this year!

I don't give a *** what happens to Duke or North Carolina.

Ha

Now that I don't w*rk I don't get into any of the pools. My alma mater got embarrassed by NC in the first round, so I guess I'm pulling for Duke now. Although I've always had a weak spot for Villanova. If I'd been in a pool I'd have been doing pretty well, except for the Midwest. But that's easy to say when I didn't write anything down. :D

My bracket this year is doing much better than in the past (pure luck?). In the first round I had 26 correct and 6 wrong, but so far none of the ones I got wrong won in the second round. In the second round thru the early games on Sunday I have 9 correct and none wrong. I have Pitt, UNC, Louisville, and Memphis as the final four and Pitt as national champ. Time will tell.

I have Pitt, UNC, Louisville, and Memphis as the final four and Pitt as national champ. Time will tell.

The Dalai Obama has the same Final Four, but with UNC prevailing.

The seems to be a LOT of people thinking the committee screwed up
by giving UConn the 1-seed over Memphis. I guess we'll find out
soon enough ...

In the last 3-4 years there have been a lot fewer major upsets in the men's tournament than there used to be (the Cleveland State first round win was one of the biggest in a while, and historically a 13 over a 4 isn't THAT rare). Not sure if that's a temporary blip or some kind of systemic change partially brought about by the increasing exposure and money concentrated on the "power" programs in the "power" conferences.

13 out of 16 I picked are in the Sweet 16. From now in, a LOT harder........:)

I'm 14 for 16 at this point. I was bragging to my DH last night. He told me that he set his picks to match our 5 yr old's so that when ds lost he wouldn't be the only one losing (and pitching a fit, losing isn't fun for a five year old) Kinda took the wind out of my sails.

Back
Top Bottom