how many friends do you have?

Is it the internet, texting and online chat parts of the blame? :angel::whistle::LOL::):greetings10:

I don't think the internet has affected my number or type of friends.

I do think the internet has greatly expanded the quantity and quality of acquaintances -- - there's a lot of people I keep in touch with because of web and email and linkedin that I wouldn't otherwise

Not sure I've ever had 'friends' IRL, might depend on the definition.

I think I have found a few friends on the 'net.

Not sure I've ever had 'friends' IRL, might depend on the definition.

I think I have found a few friends on the 'net.

some truth to that. i found it's easier to ask friends on the net personal question than the people that i know in real life. at least i get honest answer instead of being judge.

And this thread is in FIRE and Money because there is a correlation between how much money you have and how many friends you have? :rolleyes:

I have a lot of good friends that I can talk to about anything from meetings.
I have a few close friends who I love to hang out with.
But I love being by myself the most!

Acquaintances...dozens, maybe a hundred.
Casual friends...a cornucopia.
Good friends who didn't live up to the name in tough times...too many.
Furry friends who would never desert me...my 2 dogs.
No matter what happens friends...3.
A good number. :D

My wife is my best friend and my brother is a very close friend. I can talk to him about anything and we love each other. Love my sister also but it's different with a brother. Funny it happened that way because he is ten years younger. I was 17 and leaving for college when he was going in the second grade. I missed all the years growing up with him and we were never really close until about 25 years ago. He settled in Ohio and I was moving around the midwest in my career. We're still live 1000 miles apart but we talk every week and go on golf trips together. Everyone else, including all my golf buddies are just acquaintances. I guess you could call them friends but I can't call them close friends, someone you in which you would confide personal matters.

Back
Top Bottom