How many languages can you speak/read/write fluently?

Only count languages which you are fluent in.

Votes: 28 41.8%

Votes: 22 32.8%

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I am not fluent in any language, English included.

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
Impressive group of people we have here.

1 language: 19
2 or more: 21

Will the individual fluent in 4 or more language please stand up? We all need to know who you are, so we can ask for help in future translations.

English
Croatian (maybe 60% - can speak it, read it and usually write it )

Until I was about 5 years old, I was fluent in Croatian and hardly knew any English (even though I was born in Canada)....that's what happens when you grow up with parents who just got off the boat :p

Voted 2, English and Spanish. Took spanish from 6th grade on and got a bachelor's in it in college. I've lost a little ability over the last 6 years since graduating.

Italian - can understand spoken/written italian pretty well due to spanish knowledge.
French - reading, 50%, speak - 20%, write - 10%
Laotian - speak - 10%, understanding spoken laotian - 15%

French, English and Texan.

Well, pretty rusty on the French. Lived there for a school year a long time ago and then taught French for a few years.

Reminds me of an old joke...

Q. What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

A. Bilingual.

Q. What do you call someone who speaks one language?

A. American.

During the last five years, we have seen wide variety of cultural backgrounds in Atlanta. Based on that transformation, early this year I decided to start my own translation/interpretation service. I was able to gather a group of more than 20 invididuals that speak languages such as: spanish, french, german, portuguese, italian, russian, hindi, arabic, creole, korean, japanese, chinese, etc. It is a business no doubt about that, but the part I like the most is the fact that we are helping people to communicate with others.

:)

I answered one. I had three years of French in high school, but have not used it since and remember very little.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom