how old are you?

61...........feel 70 and look 50. Go figure! :)

BTW, less than 7 months to SS. Whoohoo! :D

JG

MRGALT2U said:
61...........feel 70 and look 50. Go figure! :)

Look 50? You may want to visit an optometrist and get them eyes checked out. I think your vision is deteriorating as a result of old age.

I will turn 59 on Saturday. Maybe that is why I am still....

Grumpy :mad:

grumpy said:
I will turn 59 on Saturday.  Maybe that is why I am still....

Grumpy :mad:
You don't seem so grumpy to me, especially alongside some of the more dedicated grumpy posters.

Are you planning to downgrade to "curmudgeon" or even to mellow to "old phart"?

Nords said:
You don't seem so grumpy to me, especially alongside some of the more dedicated grumpy posters.

Are you planning to downgrade to "curmudgeon" or even to mellow to "old phart"?

Well, I aspire to dirty old man but I'm not sure I've got the energy.

Grumpy

57 and DW is 58, but with a 1 week old grandson (first one) I'm starting to count the other way, may reach 44 by the end of the month. :D

62. . . and when I grow up I'm gonna be a curmudgeon!

61 in two weeks. am really surprised that there are so many younger folks here. smart. if you are really serious about early retirement, learning and preparing can make it possible.

Wildcat did you go to U Kentucky? I am the same age and based on your screen name choice we may have gone to the same school.

I'm 57. I've given up on "early" retirement, just planning to quit working at 59. Looks like there should be an "already there" forum, an "on the verge" forum and a "long ways to go" forum.

Wildcat did you go to U Kentucky? I am the same age and based on your screen name choice we may have gone to the same school.

Yup, I got my Bachelor's degree @ UK.

UT.....the REAL UT....Tennessee not Tejas here who also stole our school colors.  I bleed Orange  :D

Graduated in 1974. 

UT.....the REAL UT....Tennessee not Tejas here who also stole our school colors.

Ahh man. I had a tremendous amount of respect for you until you posted that one. ;)

Went to Jefferson Community College in Loo-a-vul (part of UofK), though I'm still an IU Hoosier fan (somewhat...). Went to UTD (Dallas/Richarson), part of UofTx.

Don't really root for anyone; I figure I've been out of school so long that no one cares where I went, including me... :p

Jarhead* said:
I was with the 3rd. Marines at Camp Pendleton when Disneyland opened up.

If I were a pine tree, I'd be a youngster. ;)

But Jarhead, you joined up at age 10, right? ;)

56 (retired at 55)...what a long, strange trip it's been!

Haven't changed much over the years, just a little more 'tude since most of my success/screw-ups are behind me instead of of ahead of me  :D
=astro

Ok, I had to do a quick tally...at least the ones I could interpret. (Why didn't we just do a poll??)

21-29: Nine
30-34: Six
35-39: Five
40-44: Thirteen
45-49: Seven
50-54: Nineteen (eleven of which are 51!)
55-59: Ten
60- Infinity: Eight

Back
Top Bottom