how old are you?

29...hoping to possibly reach FIRE while I'm 30 if my current major project comes in like I expect (and I get the bonus that I deserve)...should know in June, and will likely spend the next 6 months afterwards simply playing the waiting game to get what's coming to me before I send out my resume and change careers...

so according to Sheryl, the age break down in this forum is as follows...

~20% less than 40 years old
~80% 40 or above

sound fair?? any objection??

enuff

45 1/2 and having done too much skiing, funbording, etc. and construction works including telescopes building feeling it every morning with kind of pains everywhere !

I forget who said it, but the quote "Sitting in front of the tv eating ice cream never made me feel bad, either immediately or the next day".

Just turned 42 a month ago :) , and I'm just runn'in up the score until I feel the diminishing returns of a regular job. Will probably FIRE at 45.

The Sultan of Swat died a month and a week after I was born.

Salecat

Nords said:
Start stretching! "Stretching Scientifically" and Jolie Bookspan's articles (scroll about halfway down the page).

800 mg of ibuprofen helps the process along, of course...

Thanks Nords for the advice and encouragement, but I already swallow the magic pills of ibuprofen too often, not even stretching so you can imagine that I should triple the dose if I were to think I'm way younger than I am to go stretching !

I've still got quite some construction works to do starting during springtime, a complete roof (160 square meters) on top of an old barn, two rooms in my secondary home (+ a chimney, I like building chimneys, etc..), etc.

That will keep me busy ! if necessary...

poyet said:
Thanks Nords for the advice and encouragement, but I already swallow the magic pills of ibuprofen too often, not even stretching so you can imagine that I should triple the dose if I were to think I'm way younger than I am to go stretching !
Well, OK, but it's not a competitive sport-- it's one of the few proven methods to speed recovery of exercised/strained muscles.

It took me a long time to be convinced of the benefits of stretching for 10 minutes in the morning, but it's made all the difference.

Nords said:
Well, OK, but it's not a competitive sport-- it's one of the few proven methods to speed recovery of exercised/strained muscles.

It took me a long time to be convinced of the benefits of stretching for 10 minutes in the morning, but it's made all the difference.

Therefore I must have a look at it. I'll have to boost my mental energy as well, as waking up a bit tired with pains everywhere gives little inclination to go stretching ! but if it works, I'll have a try ! Thanks anyway.

Find a gym/health club with lots of hot babes in lycra pants convenient to home, do a light workout of part cardio/part resistance training, then cool down with a stretching routine.

Your aching muscles will thank you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom