How to apply for a credit card in retirement with no employment income?

Disappointed

Recycles dryer sheets
I am interested in Citi ThankYou Premier Card, the application assumes that the applicant is still employed. How should I fill out this part of the application? All of my income is from investment.

Thx,

Just enter a number for annual income and mark the employment part "Retired.

Easiest number to use would be whatever you're putting for total income on your 1040. If that number is too low because you're partially living off return of capital when you sell stocks, Roth withdrawals, or something else that doesn't show on the 1040 as income, I'd think you could put whatever your income + withdrawals are.

I put down what our investments earn (up to a max amount), as even if it's not taxable, it's still income.
Nobody ever has questioned it for years.

The max amount thought.
Pretend our investments earned $220K , I might put down $120K , as I feel more is just excessive, and $120K is high enough.

Just got one two months ago. No issue. Reasonable $15K credit limit to start-not that I will ever need more.

I do the same as Sunset. Haven't had a problem yet, and agree that a value in the $100,000 range is good enough to get a decent credit limit.

Back
Top Bottom