How to respond to thread-jacking?

I know - been there and done that
sLo_comfort.gif

My solution to being ignored and feeling like a voice in the wilderness was to become a moderator :nonono:

Where do I sign up? :ROFLMAO:

Well, I like this board with all its off-topic tangential departures. It's more like a real life, casual conversation between friends.

I regularly visit the bogleheads' forums but gosh, they are so serious over there and the moderation is so stringent that it makes for a dry, boring, and repetitive read. No thank you.

This is the only forum I frequent (too much actually), leave alone post, but regarding the aforementioned forum, it does not surprise me. With all due respect to Mr. Bogle, I don't think I have seen him smile in TV interviews. Contrast that with Buffett. The latter quite often sent reporters away giggling, and the media would repeat his crack jokes for days. Both are wise, but I prefer wise AND funny.

I do too, but Chevys are better than Fords.:whistle:

What is so nice here is that the moderators don't seem to have this mistaken idea that they too have to follow some rule about thread maintenance. In this way they are like the PA state Police. The Pa State police, and probably most other police, float through stop signs, drive whatever speed they want, put on their sirens if they want to go through a red light, and have no problem with tail-gating other drivers. Heaven forbid if you should do any of those activities in the visual sight of the PA state police. Its apparently the option of power.

I know - been there and done that
sLo_comfort.gif

My solution to being ignored and feeling like a voice in the wilderness was to become a moderator :nonono:

Yeah, and when i tried to add one of the moderators(not you Alan) to my ignore list, I was denied this option.

I FELT LIKE I'D BEEN SMITED BY A SYSTEM WITH GOD LIKE POWERS: kind of just like everyday life.

Z

35 years, but some are still out there Mercury Cougar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Nice photo, but I like the ones with a pretty young lady who is dressed like a cougar, rather than a cougar which probably thinks its a pretty young model. I have a great Snow Leopard background for my mac with a very very fetching young woman who isn't really a Snow leopard(I'm using MAC system, 10.6.3: Snow Leopard), but is dressed like one for those things she is wearing anyways.

Z

Back
Top Bottom