I did it! Today is my first day of retirement...

Congratulations to you! The every day joy of doing whatever you want is the best thing about retirement. Enjoy!

Congrats! I retired just before I turned 55, and have been having the time of my life (within the confines of Covid restrictions that is). Enjoy your new found freedom.

A big Congratulations ! That ranch sounds like fun and should keep you plenty busy.

Welcome to retirement! Enjoy :)

How was your first morning, OP?

I worked rotating shift work for 33 years. My first morning did not have had the pizzazz that most people would experience. You also have to remember that I didn't work 47 of my last 49 days. On the two days that I did work (4 hours each) I went in at 6PM when no one was around. I've kind of been retired for a while, but it is official now.

I bought a small tractor to get ready for the ranch life. The family got together on the 1 year anniversary of my DFIL's covid death to cover up where his above ground pool was. Everyone got a chance to move some dirt. It was a fun day.

I can certainly empathize ! I am 70 and worked for them for 18 years...Now, they are "downsizing" and everything becomes My Fault...Great Meme...Thanks !

Congratulations!

Work is way overrated but I do miss the paycheck 😀

I bought a small tractor to get ready for the ranch life. The family got together on the 1 year anniversary of my DFIL's covid death to cover up where his above ground pool was. Everyone got a chance to move some dirt. It was a fun day.

Well, I think you are having way too much fun and you may have to go back to work just to rest up.
You got a plan and looks like you are working that plan too a T.

Since the thread was brought back, I will post a 30 second drone video from our trip to the property a few days ago.

Congratulations!
While it is most unfortunate that your dedication, hard work and expertise were not recognized, the outcome serves to validate your decision was a good one.

Every day is a Saturday, Sunday and holiday. It's particularly enjoyable awakening on a miserably cold or rainy day and turning over to catch some extra sleep.

Congrats, I don't post too much but occasionally the urge hits. Your story and video was awesome. I am about an hour and half from you but don't recognize the drone footage. But, it looks awesome and well done on the U tube music accompaniment ( i know it well). Happy you found your spot of land down south. Y'all post more updates!

Congrats, I'm counting down to 55 as well! Two reasons for that date for me, my kid will be out of college by then, and I can access 401k money early (rule of 55).

Since the thread was brought back, I will post a 30 second drone video from our trip to the property a few days ago.

DANG... How did I miss this... CONGRADULATIONS
I'm guessing you travel up I-26.. you just about drive right by us.

Sounds like you have an adventure ahead.
"Chickens, ducks, goats, rabbits, etc will be raised on the ranch."

That is the last thing I would want, it sounds like a job you have to do 7 days a week. But, I know some people love that lifestyle. Good Luck!

That is the last thing I would want, it sounds like a job you have to do 7 days a week. But, I know some people love that lifestyle. Good Luck!

Yes, and it will be hard work. Sometimes hard work is good for you (body and mind). I'm hoping it will keep us young.

Yes, and it will be hard work. Sometimes hard work is good for you (body and mind). I'm hoping it will keep us young.
I'm not down for that lifestyle, but many others are. I think you could network with others to get a neighbor to look after your flock from time to time so you could get away.
That would make it cool.

Back
Top Bottom