I Found a New J*b!

Tekward

Recycles dryer sheets
It's a great fit, remote w*ork, doing things I like to do. But I have not applied. Yes, I have a problem. I continue to look for j*bs, even though I don't need one.

I need to talk myself out of going through the application & interview process by reminding myself that my current life priorities are health, family, and sharing. The new position will not improve any of those goals.

This morning I was also thinking about taxes and the fact that more than 1/3rd of any additional income will be taken by taxes, and that every hour of freedom is tax-free!

Withdrawal is tough. One step at a time.

Keep strong. I am returning to the old j*b part time for a few months. They are shorthanded and looking for a replacement.

I understand even though I'm still w@rking. My current j@b is solid and pays well, but my inbox still gets job listings from when I was looking last year. At least half a dozen are perfect fits and if were still looking, I'd apply in a heartbeat. The odd thing is, these jobs weren't popping up when I was looking - and we're still in the middle of a pandemic:confused:

I just recently took a new job. Got called by a placement company that found my old resume online. Working as a contract engineer. Doing what I enjoy. No meetings, no training. Paid by the hour, work as much or as little as I like. I told my wife, it's the best job I've had since I got out of college.

It's a great fit, remote w*ork, doing things I like to do. But I have not applied. Yes, I have a problem. I continue to look for j*bs, even though I don't need one.

I need to talk myself out of going through the application & interview process by reminding myself that my current life priorities are health, family, and sharing. The new position will not improve any of those goals.

This morning I was also thinking about taxes and the fact that more than 1/3rd of any additional income will be taken by taxes, and that every hour of freedom is tax-free!

Withdrawal is tough. One step at a time.

(...laughs...) I do the same thing! I look at the job website to see what jobs are out there even though I know I won't be taking any more jobs. I still lurk on forums about my former profession to see what everyone is going through (and it's not pretty in the pandemic!) I'm glad to know I'm not alone in doing these things...I agree with you - "Withdrawal is tough. One step at a time." :)

I get credible job listings each week. Even though most are remote I just delete.

If a direct contract came along from a company, I'd probably get a bit more interested, but still delete.

If a previous client called and had a very brief task, I might accept that.

I also look. But I do not plan to work. But something causes me to still work as if I think there is some job I would find to be "worth it".

I'm too picky for that to happen. Plus I value my time too much.

Your new job should have title "Retired, do whatever I want to".

I understand the lure of the job, but you even stated that you can't improve the reasons that you retired.

Tekward, stay strong! By the time they take out state tax, federal tax, and FICA, it is not worth it. Plus, it may push you into a higher bracket.
Right now, pensions plus SS equal my former take home pay Why work?:D

I turned down a headhunter this week who had a job I would have jumped at three years ago. It was an SVP role in a very nice city with an industry leading firm. While I do consult almost 1/2 time, no way I see myself back in the corporate grind.

I just recently took a new job. Got called by a placement company that found my old resume online. Working as a contract engineer. Doing what I enjoy. No meetings, no training. Paid by the hour, work as much or as little as I like. I told my wife, it's the best job I've had since I got out of college.

Same exact situation here!

Back
Top Bottom