I got a dog!

I’ve always heard they are great dogs! Congratulations and enjoy your new pup!

Congratulations! Great looking dog. I'm enjoying reading all these posts especially rescues.

Cheers!

congratulations, lucky dog and lucky persons. They do indeed add to our lives.

Thank you! Today is his first groom! We just did his first vet visit and he had an ear infection from lack of maintenance. These are high maintenance dogs. I don't get why people get them and think they don't have to walk, exercise, groom these dogs.

watch out

They say having pets is good for you, but my pound mutt went blind, long story short I tripped over him at speed and broke bones.... Docs say pet-tripping fractures are common. So watch your feet!

PS Dog was OK. I am doing a lot better, we are starting to go for walks again.

They say having pets is good for you, but my pound mutt went blind, long story short I tripped over him at speed and broke bones.... Docs say pet-tripping fractures are common. So watch your feet!

PS Dog was OK. I am doing a lot better, we are starting to go for walks again.

My last cat's motto was: "The quickest path to the fridge is between my head waiter's legs." I would take one step toward the fridge, and if there was daylight between my feet, the cat went for it. I can't believe one of us was never (seriously) injured.

His name was Muffin, but I often thought I should have renamed him "Greased Lightening."

So cute, so smart. Our lab's best friend is a golden doodle. They play like two goofy kids. Lots of energy and they love you forever!

Dogs are great! We have three. Our old girl was a rescue and is an ASD ( American Shelter Dog) and the two year old pups are Australian Shepards. The pups are very busy dogs. Do not imagine we will ever be without dogs.
I predicted that with this economic slow down people would be relinquishing pets. Poor pets, they grow attached to us.

I believe they are hypoallergenic. We have about 5 of them in our neighborhood and I cannot tell them apart. Nice friendly dogs.

My daughter just got an Aussiedoodle rescue, he is a bundle of beautiful energy! I have not figured out how to post pics here or I would post it! Congrats on your rescue!

All I can say is that it must be a great time to be a poodle stud.

Chihuahua

We adopted great little 8lb chihuahua from a small breed rescue last November. She is our baby. No we don't dress her in outfits unless she gets cold;)

new dog

Adopted 9 month old black labrador, a few behavior issues but so nice to be retired with plenty of time to nurture. He's from the situation below.

Labrador breeder became unable to take care of dogs and tried to give up 40 labradors to their local humane society, other news stories mentioned breeder had health issues. Currently my dog is afraid of most people, suburban noises, and all reflective surfaces (maybe never been inside?).

https://www.pasadosafehaven.org/rescue-stories/40-dogs-rescued-from-overrun-breeder/

Took the big girl (see my avatar) to the groomer yesterday. Cost of a groomer went from $70 to $85 since March. Last few years we paid $60.00 for a groom. Groomer says folks are spending money on food, gas for car and heating fuel, pooch comes last.
I’m afraid that her clients that go in every 6 weeks will start to stretch out the time between grooming since the price has gone up. But what do I know…

Back
Top Bottom