I have decided at a date...

Well so much for plans...
My last post was the 29th in the morning...
That afternoon was trimming a tree over our house and fell 28 ft.
I'm the luckiest SOB around thats for sure. massive bruising on my wholem right side but
nothing broke. I'm sure my ER bill will max out my deductible for 2020 + 20%
Will be out of work until the 29Th at least...

Ok, as we use to say in the military, " Stand Down" meaning either stop what you are doing; or, at least think about what you are doing. Dang, you are soooo close to the end game so do not let something like this derail things for you. Now that I have scolded you, glad to hear you are just bruised and no serious injury happened (which it sure could have at that height).

YIPPIEEEEEE , only 100 more shifts to go!!!! Well unless I pick up some extras... and I have been. Hoping for at least 1 per pay period... and only 15 more of them to go...
And I have moved my official retirement date up to 1/1/2022, but 12/16/21 is still my last shift..... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Yay! You can do it - only a few more months to go!

And I kept meaning to tell you that I had almost the same thing going on here about tree estimates - without the fall, though! We got lucky and had no issues. The estimate was so high to cut down a large apricot tree that I saw red and just had to cut it down myself, with reluctant help from my hubby (he was rightly worried about falling, especially since I'd previously read him your post!) I am so glad that we are retired and had the time and energy - and a good chainsaw! - to do it ourselves.

I made up a countdown calendar about three months out from retirement and it was a joy to cross off those days, I can tell you! You might want to try it - it's really fun! :)

Dang, you are soooo close to the end game so do not let something like this derail things for you.

Now that I have scolded you, glad to hear you are just bruised and no serious injury happened (which it sure could have at that height).

LMAO.... That fall could have ENDED the game...period...
It actually made me more determined to call it a career.

And I kept meaning to tell you that I had almost the same thing going on here about tree estimates -
I made up a countdown calendar about three months out from retirement and it was a joy to cross off those days, I can tell you! You might want to try it - it's really fun! :)

I still have more trees to work on, have the gear and experience, but my only climbing will be just to put a rope in to pull it over. If topping is needed its going to a younger person... Our other danger tree is now down... MASSIVE dead white oak... theres at least one year of firewood there...

Calendar is already done... I have to start the process 90-120 days before my set date... not one day before or later...THEN I have to officially resign at least 30 days before my last day of work...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom