Impossible! I wasted almost 10 million bottles of water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Full time employment: Posting here.
I made some burgers yesterday. Then I got to thinking about a sign I saw at Disney's Food & Wine Festival, and now I feel bad. That 10 million bottles of water could have been useful to folks that do not have access to clean drinking water!

So in the world of Carbon offsets, it looks like I can eat one of these Impossible Sliders and that will offset enough miles of driving that I can drive guilt free for the rest of my life!

Attachments

• Impossible.jpg
    Impossible.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 79
If only there was a way that wasted water could be easily purified, say by evaporation, and returned to the earth for reuse...

Yes, please eat more of this factory made food. No doubt it is much better for you and the world than real meat, or even real fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, etc. How people survived without this stuff hundreds of years ago is beyond me. Heck, even 80 years ago , we didn't have the benefit of all of this great factory made food. My ancestors must all be liars, since they were lean, fit and claim to have lived well into their 80's.

Does anybody remember the story - The Emperor's New Clothes?

Yes, please eat more of this factory made food. No doubt it is much better for you and the world than real meat, or even real fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, etc. How people survived without this stuff hundreds of years ago is beyond me. Heck, even 80 years ago , we didn't have the benefit of all of this great factory made food. My ancestors must all be liars, since they were lean, fit and claim to have lived well into their 80's.

Does anybody remember the story - The Emperor's New Clothes?
Do we really need to repeat the same red meat vs processed meat alternative again, so soon? All things considered, do you really think we were better off 80 years ago?

Animal protein, red meat in particular, has it's issues, and processed meat alternatives have another set of issues. Do your homework (novel idea), and decide for yourself.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/beyond-meat-burger-and-impossible-burger-2-0-a-96416.html

Last edited:
I think I’m going to test a new theory. I’ll just make up figures for the sake of discussion and pull them out of my b!tt. No one will know the difference. No one fact checks or questions anything nowadays. I’ll report back later on my findings. However they could be completely false (how could you tell?)

Examples like that are why I usually ignore most claims that activists make.

Scientists report this could lead to dyspepsia

I think I’m going to test a new theory. I’ll just make up figures for the sake of discussion and pull them out of my b!tt. No one will know the difference. No one fact checks or questions anything nowadays. I’ll report back later on my findings. However they could be completely false (how could you tell?)

Experts say this strategy is effective in over 93.7% of cases.

I suspect they got those 'facts' from the glitterati who recently flew their private planes or sailed their huge Yachts to the environmental conference in Italy.

that's true in only a fraction of cases

such as 10/10, or even 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom