Is it normal for a HSA custodial xfer to take a month?

Fermion

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I shouldn't complain, since they forced me to go all cash ($100k) in the HSA before the transfer to Fidelity, which has allowed me to sidestep this drop, but I am getting a bit ticked off that it takes a month to do a custodial xfer of the HSA (from Optum to Fidelity).

I would call again, but I could not understand the last two representatives. Optum does not use call centers based in the USA I think.

It has said the account is locked pending a xfer request for the past week.

Don't we live in a digital age:confused:

Yeah, pretty much. I had to call my prior company a couple of times it seemed.

Thanks.

Actually I should really send Optum Financial a thank you Christmas card for using a call center based in India and delaying my transfer so long, as it is letting me totally skip this market drop with a big chunk of change.

Actually I should really send Optum Financial a thank you Christmas card for using a call center based in India and delaying my transfer so long, as it is letting me totally skip this market drop with a big chunk of change.
Nice Christmas present. Behind every dark cloud there’s a silver lining.

Don't we live in a digital age:confused:

Yes indeed, and once they decide they’ve delayed as long as they can, it’ll only take a few minutes to execute the transfer. It’s a digital age but humans are still running things and no amount of technology can make someone do something they don’t want to do.

Have you called Fidelity to see if there is missing paperwork on their side? I transferred my Optum HSA to Fidelity about 4 or 5 years ago. I do remember it took about 4 weeks, but I initiated on the Fidelity side. I don't recall having to contact Optum to get the transfer moving.

Back
Top Bottom