It happened , without warning. The "Sr. Discount"

I was blessed with great skin from my dad's side of the family and look younger than my mid 40's. I was often carded when buying alcohol until the last few years. About 5 years ago a waitress went on and on about she couldn't believe I was over 40 years old, LOL It is going to be a huge blow to my ego the first time someone offers me a senior discount.....

:-[

I so HEAR you on this one! I too inherited good skin and I am very slender and fit so folks generally thought I was much younger than I am. All that changed about a year ago when I developed an allergy to hair dye and stopped coloring my dark brown hair. The change of hair color to salt and pepper gray definitely brought my looks in line with my age (59). :( It is challenging to my self-perception to say the least! I need to look for a Snow White avatar with gray hair and a few crows feet! :LOL: :LOL:

Last week on a visit to Wendy's the young girl behind the counter politely asked if I had any other 'discounts' to apply before she rang up my order. She said they were told to ask the question of anyone with gray hair, which I have. I told her no, not today but that next week I would be back.

I turned 55 today and, as I do every day, went to Wendy's for dinner. I asked for and received their senior discount.

Tomorrow is my last day of w*rk and ER starts officially on Friday of this week.

Birthday, Wendy's discount, and ER all in the same week! Life is good.

Last week on a visit to Wendy's the young girl behind the counter politely asked if I had any other 'discounts' to apply before she rang up my order. She said they were told to ask the question of anyone with gray hair, which I have. I told her no, not today but that next week I would be back.

I turned 55 today and, as I do every day, went to Wendy's for dinner. I asked for and received their senior discount.

Tomorrow is my last day of w*rk and ER starts officially on Friday of this week.

Birthday, Wendy's discount, and ER all in the same week! Life is good.

Congratulations!!! What a week you are having. Happy birthday and happy retirement!

I was booking a hotel over the phone the other day (Hilton Garden Inn) and saw they had an over 55 discount posted on their website. I asked for it (I'm 56) and got a rather nice discount. I'll take it anytime!

Yes but is it this more troubling than the first time you were sir'd or mamam'd?

Even though we have lived in a senior community for 24 years, I am still amazed at the people who won't "ask" for the senior discount. It's a vanity thing. Surprising how many places will actually charge an 85 year old full price. It's the "don't ask, don't tell" syndrome.
We are not "vain"... it's an automatic wherever we go, whatever we buy...
The easiest thing to do is simply say "We're Seniors". Throws some of the cashiers off balance, when they have to say... "Oh...so sorry, we don't have a senior discount."
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

It has never bothered me to be called "ma'am." I think people started doing that when I was about 22. I also like it when younger people hold the door for me or offer me their seat, which they sometimes do, for all we hear about how rude young people are these days. I figure if I can't get respect when I'm older, when will I ever get it?

Amethyst

Yes but is it this more troubling than the first time you were sir'd or mamam'd?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom