Its Caturday

Attachments

• cat bed.jpg
    cat bed.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 31
OMG, that cat in the Christmas Tree looks so much like one of our cats (and our tree) that DW's eyes got wide when I showed her this pic on my phone. She thought for sure it was a picture I took.:LOL:

A mothers job is never done!

img_1269876_0_302edc695bedd8dd73660011045f81d7.gif

=^..^=

Attachments

• asteroid.png
    asteroid.png
    418 KB · Views: 22
=^..^=

have not seen the above before, clever!

Argh, can't view procrastinator from my iPad!

a14_RTR3ECRZ.jpg

A cat watches passers-by from a pub window in central London, on February 27, 2013. "Ray Brown" is the resident cat at the seventeenth century public house, "The Seven Stars" in the legal district of London. (Reuters/Toby Melville)

A great picture of Contessina, one of Pope emeritus Benedicts's many cats that moved with him from the Vatican to his retirement apartment.

Attachments

• Contessina.jpg
    Contessina.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 28
Able assistant #1, Charley, hard at work on my desk

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 17
Interesting, that cat science.

But how do they actually generate the 40 to 140 Hz vibratioans that we describe as purring.

AFAIK, cats (and only cats) have a membrane in the throat region that they can vibrate to produce the sound. In a housecat, it sounds like purring. In a cat the size of a lion, it can be loud enough to be heard as a roar.

The actual mechanism is not well understood at all.

AFAIK, cats (and only cats) have a membrane in the throat region that they can vibrate to produce the sound. In a housecat, it sounds like purring. In a cat the size of a lion, it can be loud enough to be heard as a roar.

The actual mechanism is not well understood at all.
Intersting.

I found a website that theorizes a bit on phenomena. They place the freauency range in he 25 t 50 hz range, which to me is more plausible then the high of 140 hz.

what if the cat purr had therapeutic virtues?

Back
Top Bottom