It's raining spiders

hakuna matata

Recycles dryer sheets
Okay if you are squeamish or afraid of spiders, you might want to skip this video. BUT for the more adventuresome souls out there, this was way cool in a freaky kind of way.

Evidently this isn't uncommon in Brazil and it is a large net like web that the spiders use to catch insects. But damn if it doesn't look like it is raining spiders.

It's Raining Spiders In Brazil - YouTube

It looks like these spiders have figured out the power of teamwork! Bigger net = more flies for everybody. I wonder if they share, or if they squabble over particularly juicy catches.

Amethyst

Okay if you are squeamish or afraid of spiders, you might want to skip this video. BUT for the more adventuresome souls out there, this was way cool in a freaky kind of way.

Evidently this isn't uncommon in Brazil and it is a large net like web that the spiders use to catch insects. But damn if it doesn't look like it is raining spiders.

It's Raining Spiders In Brazil - YouTube

It looks like these spiders have figured out the power of teamwork! Bigger net = more flies for everybody. I wonder if they share, or if they squabble over particularly juicy catches.

Amethyst

I agree, I am not a big spider guy myself (stay outside you are fine, but you come in, we got a problem), but I was impressed with that web. That is some awesome team work there, and you gotta appreciate that if nothing else. Well assuming you are squeamish that is.

I respect/fear things that can hurt me, such as poisonous spiders, but just looking at spiders doesn't "bug" me, hah. But I know some people who can't even think of spiders without getting sick.

A.

I agree, I am not a big spider guy myself (stay outside you are fine, but you come in, we got a problem), but I was impressed with that web. That is some awesome team work there, and you gotta appreciate that if nothing else. Well assuming you are squeamish that is.

Reminds me of this (from 'The Far Side'):

images

;) -ERD50

Reminds me of this (from 'The Far Side'):

images

;) -ERD50
Boy, that's from a while back.......and it was always one of my favorites!

Back
Top Bottom