Joys of Age

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I stopped in my pharmacy to see if they were going to do flu shots. The young guy I was talking to said, for you, sure. You won't even need ID.

Made my day, I tell you ;)

Mikey

Husband (65+) called our clinic and was told no way, none in sight. He is having surgery in November!!

My Dad is 87 and I am 60. Neither of us has ever had a flu shot in our lives. However, last year I got the flu and literally thought I might die. This year we will both roll the dice again (no shots). My wife works in health care,
got her shot last year and didn't catch it. If that scenario is repeated this year (and I live through it)
I will be a convert.

John Galt

I've had the shots every year except one.

One year I caught the flu so bad I thought I was gonna die and was afraid that I wouldnt.

Guess which one...

Unfortunately, at 43, most likely no flu shot for me this year.

I stopped catching things the first year in ER, no flu, no colds(a few minor snuffles) since 1993. Never say never though - I do still occasionally interact with people who still work.

I used to be good for one flu and two - three colds/yr in my working days. Memory says a summer cold could be worse than the flu.

I stopped catching things the first year in ER, no flu, no colds(a few minor snuffles) since 1993. Never say never though - I do still occasionally interact with people who still work.
I had a blissful year of not working and it was one of the healthiest years I've had - even tho some of the time was spent in the third world. I really believe stress takes an incredible toll on your health. And nothing is more stressful than dealing with idiots in the workplace! :D Can't wait until I get back to full-time life (and no time working)!

Back
Top Bottom