Learn about Texas History

I remember moving from FL to TX and thinking - “what the heck do they mean chicken fried steak!?!”

Forty years ago we moved to Texas , best move we ever made. Every time I turned around someone called me a yankee . Then I heard Paul Harvey explain what a yankee was . Kind of liked it.

This kind of reminds me going through basic training at Lackland back in 68. When we arrived the DI asked our squad, if you are from the north, raise your hands. Then he said, not to worry, I am from the north also, north Texas. Yikes!!! Nevertheless, he actually turned out to be a pretty decent guy, although I do remember a couple of guys going AWOL and one guy slashed his wrists in the latrine.

The story Paul Harvey told about the word Yankee came from the American Revolution . The Dutch of course had New Amsterdam or today New York . When the British talked about the Dutch they always said the Dutch always name their sons John and then they always eat cheese . They are a bunch of John Cheese . Or with the Dutch they would say Yan Kees
In battle they were Yan Key doodles . And that is the rest of the story.

I remember moving from FL to TX and thinking - “what the heck do they mean chicken fried steak!?!”

A closely guarded secret is that C.F.S is actually armadillo road kill - though YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom