Let's see how far reaching this forum is ? Where do you live and at what age did you

Live in Seattle, WA area. Retired at 50 in 2010. DH retired at 57 in 2015. Life is good.

Texas, retired13 years ago at age 60.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

SE Pennsylvania and SE Florida. Retired four years ago at age 56.

Southern New Hampshire, 61, end of 2016. DW retired in 2004 at 52 (but she was a contractor., so it's not quite the same...)

Age 57 in Pennsylvania, currently still working but planning my escape Jan. 2018.

SF Bay Area. My BS bucket raneth over at 57. DH finally joined my late last year :dance:.

Sleepy little coastal holiday place called Sellicks Beach in South Australia. Retired in 2010 at age 56, still waiting for the novelty to wear off :cool:

Cheers - Mick

DFW area, retired at 54, 57 and one last time at 63

Colorado Rocky Mountain high, retired at 53.

Texas/Minnesota. Retired 2014 @54, may need to go back to work for health insurance next year. :-(

Northern CT; gainfully unemployed as of August 2016 at age 59.

I find it somewhat amusing that you and I both were specific as to precisely where in CT we live, when the whole state is only 50 miles north to south and 100 miles east to west. In some states, we'd count ourselves as neighbors.

I find it somewhat amusing that you and I both were specific as to precisely where in CT we live, when the whole state is only 50 miles north to south and 100 miles east to west. In some states, we'd count ourselves as neighbors.

50 miles?..Especially here in Texas where we live now, and I'm originally from "west central Connecticut".

Last edited:
In missouri, expecting to retire in June 2017 at 57

Retired in 2008 @ 51. Lake Martin, AL, at time of retirement but have moved around a bit since then with no current permanent address. Staying at a friend's place on Smith Lake in northwest AL, with plans to RV for the foreseeable future (starting in a couple of days).

Suburban Washington, DC, 57. Planning for a 2020 retirement.

Just west of Minneapolis - first post also - my DW wants me to retire tomorrow but I will take the plunge early 2019 when I turn 57.

Back
Top Bottom