Locating a retirement community

"Hope I die before I get old..."

I can't wait until Pete Townshend's great-grandchildren sing these lyrics with him...

Have you seen the Zimmers?

watch

Have you seen the Zimmers?
Yes, did you notice Pete sitting in with the group?

They turned down Keith Richards' audition, though, because he looked too old and was scaring some of the group's younger members.

They're my favorite classics... rockers.

The Zimmers are great. They look like people who still feel really young and wondering what the hell happened when they look in the mirror.

Khan, I just recently turned 57 and I can't imagine being in an assisted living place at this stage of my life. I agree with some of the others, that they do look wonderful, and I could imagine living there in 15-20 years perhaps. I would think long and hard about it. You might end up enjoying being around people and become more social or you could be absolutely miserable. I have found in life, that people who think that they are going to enjoy something, usually do, and those who think that they will not enjoy it, usually don't. Keep a positive outlook!

I work in the assisted living/independent living environment. It's definitely something I would consider for us as we age - but as others have said, the average age is usually mid 70's and up. Keep that in mind for sure. Also, you could just consider moving into an apartment, where all of the maintenance is handled for you. There are many options to consider. It's good to plan ahead, but I wouldn't move prematurely if you aren't ready emotionally for that kind of change. I think if you really sit down and think about what you want, you can find a situation that will work perfectly for you. What kind of living situation do you want, ideally?

Back
Top Bottom