Man's best friend

Man, I'm sorry about the loss, It's all worth it in the long run, but why does it have to suck so much for a while after they pass? Just reading all this makes me sad about our Reemy. Though she seems to be in very good health, she is probably almost 13 so we know our time together is growing short.

Here she is this last December, on the 10th anniversary of the date we adopted her. We lived in Houston at the time, and she was a Katrina rescue.

Attachments

• Reemy10thAnni.jpg
    Reemy10thAnni.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Bless your heart, dash. You gave Cruiser a wonderful life. And a good end, which is the hardest thing we ever do for our pets.

Mourn that good sweet dog, my friend, and know there are others who have felt that same magical bond with an animal. One of my favorite books of all time is about just that, called Merle's Door, by Ted Kerasote. He's one of us, too.

You have my condolences as well. You have Cruiser a great life, and I hope that brings you comfort. Our 14 year old cat has a tumor in his jaw, diagnosed in October, and he probably only has a month or two left - he seems OK but the tumor is growing and he is starting to lose weight. I've had him since he was 4 months old...

Our rescue pup is only about 5, so hopefully we'll have many years with him....they are our "kids", and I know how tough it is to lose them.

I am so sorry to read this. I think it's SO unfair that we get so damn attached to these "animals" knowing that we will most likely outlive them. I know the joy of having them around for a relatively short time makes it "worth it", but it's still one of the suckiest things in life. We don't have kids, so our animals ARE our kids and losing them is one of the worst things. Ugh. I think I need to get off this computer and spend some quality time for our brood.

Oh, and there is this. It's one of the most touching videos on YouTube, but you might want to watch it in private. For whatever reason, it seems to stir up a lot of dust that can really make the eyes water.

Thank you for posting this. It was beautifully done - although it definitely made my eyes water, remembering some fur friends of past years. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom