March Madness 2021

My Orangemen are eliminated by Houston due to a poor night of shooting.
Moving On to cheer for Michigan and Gonzaga.

you guys just flat out got shut down - Jarreau is the AAC defensive player of the year

GO COOGS!

Yeah, I must have gotten the foul shots missed confused with another game as far as Iowa State. Those women played a great game, though. Hated to see Michigan go down like that. I was thrilled with Indiana, one of my favs make it to the Elite8. They came to play and were so tough. What a game! Iowa really played a high level game against UConn and was so proud of them. I think Maryland is probably one of the teams that might surprise some people, though they aren't one of the teams I am rooting for. Women's basketball keeps getting better and it's great to see.

UConn-Baylor was a fabulous game.

Not sure how Texas beat Maryland- did not see that one.

Just announced that UNC men's beloved basketball coach Roy Williams is retiring. A sad day for us Tar Heels.

That was an incredible game! The whole game too. UCLA looked like a #1 seed instead of an #11 play-in team. A true classic.

Amazing game!! Can the Zags get a perfect season?

It's April. But that sure was madness. What a game!

Enormous contrast between the two semifinal games! Baylor took off an never had to look back. Gonzaga-UCLA is one for the ages - a game that seems almost sad that either team had to lose. I rooted for Gonzaga primarily because they are my championship pick in our family March Madness bracket contest :),

That UCLA Gonzaga game was one of the best I have seen. I can't understand how UCLA was a play in team. But I think Gonzaga is destiny's team this year--that last shot, wow.

Gonzaga is my national champion pick on my bracket also, but that was a game of the century to watch. I was sure UCLA was going to win it. When an "underdog" sticks around like they did, they usually find a way to win it.

Being a MN native, I was cheering for both Suggs and Paige Bueckers of UConn to win national titles in their freshman year.

Epic Gonzaga-UCLA game.

Looking forward to Monday. My bracket has Baylor winning it all.

Very appropriately, Gonzaga reminds me of an old Jesuit saying "Pray like it's all up to God. Work like it's all up to you."

Very appropriately, Gonzaga reminds me of an old Jesuit saying "Pray like it's all up to God. Work like it's all up to you."

+1. That last shot from Jalen Suggs is going to be up there with Christian Laettner's 1992 shot on the Final Four highlight reels.

I love watching the UConn women play. Gino is a tough coach, but they all come back to him after graduating.
I think having so many freshmen on the team could come into play if/when they play Baylor.
Paige is the real deal, plus they have the top recruit coming in next year.

That's why I hate when they compare the coach's all time records of men's and women's basketball. There is no comparison. For awhile it was Pat Summit won more games then any college coach. Who cares? They're not comparable. It's a much more competitive arena on the men's side. The women's game is like the men's game back in the 60's with UCLA and John Wooden winning everything. They'll eventually catch up, but not yet.

You had to wonder how Gonzaga would react if they were ever actually challenged. Well now we know, quite well.

So observation on Suggs' big block. Amazing athletic play on a taller player. He runs out of bounds and then touches the ball before establishing his feet on court. Turnover? UCLA coach thought so, he was seen jumping around right after. No call though.

I know who I’m pulling for tonight (if I can stay awake). I must admit to being a long-time New England Patriot fan so know a little about near-perfect seasons.

I missed the game Saturday, so watched the highlights today to get ready for the game tonight. I knew how it ended, but didn't know how far he was for the last shot. That was impressive.

Hopefully we get a good game tonight.

Great Win by Baylor

Definitely the better team on both ends.

Congrats to Coach Drew, the team and fans. Well deserved.

Incredible comeback story for the program.

Last edited:
Bad way to end. Zag's looked flat footed and never seemed to catch their stride.
Ah well, congrats Baylor.

Back
Top Bottom