March Madness

Oh yeah, I also had Purdue winning this game. Wow. Just wow.

Oh yeah, I also had Purdue winning this game. Wow. Just wow.

They definitely didn’t deserve to win tonight.
Don’t know when I’ve seen such a sloppy game. 😔

I know they’re not favored, but I’m pulling for the Blue Devils.
Always had so much respect and admiration for Coach K… it’d be great to send him off with at least a Finals appearance.

What a game-- UNC v UCLA and my Tar Heels pulled it out. Elite eight! Glad I did not wash my lucky outfit.

What a game-- UNC v UCLA and my Tar Heels pulled it out. Elite eight! Glad I did not wash my lucky outfit.

I went to bed at halftime. Felt like UCLA was playing just a bit better and had the upper hand. Glad that UNC pulled it out - and that you can delay doing laundry for a while longer.

Last edited:
I went to bed at halftime. Felt like UCLA was playing just a bit better and had the upper hand. Glad that UNC pulled it out - and that you can delay doing laundry for a while longer.

Yes UCLA outplayed UNC in the first half but in the second half one of the UNC guards (Caleb Love) had 27 points and that was the difference.

Yes UCLA outplayed UNC in the first half but in the second half one of the UNC guards (Caleb Love) had 27 points and that was the difference.
The other difference was Jaquez looked like he was more than Manek could handle in the first half, especially early, but he went ice cold in the second half. Missed his last 9 shots. I'm sure Manek had a lot to do with it but he still had some good looks but the shots were off.

It sounds amazing that Duke and UNC have never played each other in the tournament, but keep in mind that only the conference champion made it until 1975, so it was impossible for them to meet in the first 36 years. When both teams were highly ranked, it seems unlikely the selection committee would put them in the same region. On the other hand they would have no qualms about matching either with another perennial power like Kentucky in the same region. I don't know if they ever were in the same region, but they'd still each have to win enough games to meet. They've never both made the final 4 in the same year until now. I think there's only been 2 years (before now) that both made the Elite 8. So maybe it's not as amazing as it seems.

Sorry to all the UNC fans but I have to pull for Coach K. If Duke players pull it off there will definitely be a movie made.

My Tar Heels have made it to the Final Four! DH and I are going to New Orleans! Due to DH's health issues we have pretty much been on lock down for 2 years. But we have decided to take this risk. We will just wear our N95s to the games. Go Tar Heels!

I’m rooting for Villanova, but if they don’t make it to the final I hope Duke wins it all, just for the sake of the storybook ending.

I am curious if Gino can pull one out with the UConn women. Not likely this year.

My Tar Heels have made it to the Final Four! DH and I are going to New Orleans! Due to DH's health issues we have pretty much been on lock down for 2 years. But we have decided to take this risk. We will just wear our N95s to the games. Go Tar Heels!
Oh My! You are a fan! Breaking out of Covid mode to N.O., of all places. I hope your team wins. I can say one thing for sure, I won't be rooting against them, but only because I'll not be watching, and in fact, I'll be hiding a safe distance from DW, who will be vehemently rooting against your team. I win either way; one daughter graduated from UNC, and the other from Duke.

Oh My! You are a fan! Breaking out of Covid mode to N.O., of all places. I hope your team wins. I can say one thing for sure, I won't be rooting against them, but only because I'll not be watching, and in fact, I'll be hiding a safe distance from DW, who will be vehemently rooting against your team. I win either way; one daughter graduated from UNC, and the other from Duke.

We are huge UNC fans. We live one block from the UNC campus, have season tickets to all the sports. I am an alum and former professor there. UNC has been to the Final Four 20 times and we have been to 10 of those and seen a bunch of championships. It is a great experience. Go Tar Heels!

It's a crying shame that 2 of the 3 women in your nuclear family have gone to the dark side. And it can't be offset even though the other one had the good sense to attend UNC, the nation's preeminent public institution. I'd seriously consider disowning the Blue Devil daughter. Coach K in particular is an agent of Satan and I don't differentiate by color. By now you probably have realized that I will be watching the game and rooting for The Heels to administer a whipping that makes the season finale in Cameron look like a slap on the wrist.

It's a crying shame that 2 of the 3 women in your nuclear family have gone to the dark side. And it can't be offset even though the other one had the good sense to attend UNC, the nation's preeminent public institution. I'd seriously consider disowning the Blue Devil daughter. Coach K in particular is an agent of Satan and I don't differentiate by color. By now you probably have realized that I will be watching the game and rooting for The Heels to administer a whipping that makes the season finale in Cameron look like a slap on the wrist.

Love this!

Even though I have no affiliation with any NC team, and live in Houston, I would like to see coach K win the big one for his final game (if they play).

Even though I have no affiliation with any NC team, and live in Houston, I would like to see coach K win the big one for his final game (if they play).

Coach K's team is playing. Duke plays UNC on Saturday night in the Final Four semifinals. I don't like the way Coach K has made it all about him and his retirement for an entire year. To me very egotistical. Of course, I am a UNC fan.

South Carolina looks like the best women's team to me

Agree.
UConn women pulled out a 2OT thriller yesterday.
Gino has never lost a championship game yet, but of course has lost in the semis.
UConn not really good enough to beat Stanford or SC, so will probably bow out in the semis.

I am in New Orleans getting ready to go to the Superdome and cheer for the Tar Heels!

Agree.
UConn women pulled out a 2OT thriller yesterday.
Gino has never lost a championship game yet, but of course has lost in the semis.
UConn not really good enough to beat Stanford or SC, so will probably bow out in the semis.

I was wrong about UConn. Still a tall order coming for Gino in the finals.

Back
Top Bottom