mattress topper recommendations?

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
I'm looking for a mattress topper for our full size guest bed. I've been researching and reading reviews; the options are overwhelming. Looking for something < $125, if possible. I want it to be comfy but it doesn't have to be super top of the line, since it will only be used occasionally by guests.

Would appreciate any recommendations - thanks!

If you have Costco membership, go there and see what your local store has in stock as well as what is on the website. A few years ago, we got one for my mom at the local warehouse and she likes it a lot. There are more options online and they look reasonably priced.

For me/DW/DD, after mom said how much she liked hers, we bought online from Amazon and are very happy.

In general, they'll all be similar to a degree. Over time, they are all going to develop sags/depressions if you sleep on it nightly. For a guest bed, you'll probably get a long life out of it.

Read the reviews and pay particular attention to any which indicate that the topper heats up and does not dissipate heat well. The ones we bought from Amazon have a bamboo cover and this keeps it from heating up. The one mom got at Costco is literally just the foam which did not come with a case/cover.

I went through our Amazon order history and found the one we purchased - we've had it 6 years. This particular one doesn't appear to be available, but there are other similar ones from the same company.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HQNX8G

I've found that even the cheap memory foam mattress toppers make a nice difference. I'd recommend at least 2" thickness. I'm sure thicker is better, as long as your sheets are fitted deep enough.
DW & DD bought the last one from Bath & Beyond, which I knew most likely overpriced. A couple of days later I saw them at Wal Mart for 1/2 the price. They had a 4" thick one that would probably be comfortable even without a bed under it. I'm considering getting one to use as a mattress in our camper-van, directly over a plywood base.

I'd shop either Wal-Mart, Big Lots, Costco, or Ikea for good pricing. I don't know whether they are offered in various densities or level of firmness.

The one we got from Amazon seems fine 4.5 stars available in various sizes but called:

Mattress Topper King [Best Price Mattress] 2" Memory Foam Topper with Certipur-US Certified Ventilated Cooling, King Size
by Best Price Mattress

+1 for Costco. We have purchased the Novaform 3” EVENcor GelPlus Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Cooling Cover for a couple beds that have the standard old style mattress. It really rejuvenates them, very comfy. Full size was about $100 IIRC.

+1 for Costco. We have purchased the Novaform 3” EVENcor GelPlus Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Cooling Cover for a couple beds that have the standard old style mattress. It really rejuvenates them, very comfy. Full size was about $100 IIRC.

+1, same here.
However, if the original mattress you are covering is sagging, no topper is going to help.

Thanks everyone! I think I am going to go with one from Costco, when they go on sale again. I looked a few nights ago, and they were on sale. Then when I looked again last night, no longer on sale. That's what I get for being indecisive. Argh! So I'll wait! :D

Back
Top Bottom