Medium Sized Food Processor

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have been using a very small mini food processor that handles about 2, maybe 2 1/2, cups of food at the most. Recently, I got a new one as a gift that is huge heavy unit and it handles well over 12 cups. But, big, heavy, and smaller amounts don't do well in it. My guess is that a professional chef would enjoy it in his/her kitchen. It's also a pain to clean.

I am looking for a food processor than handles say 6-8 cups and is not a big heavy monster, takes up less storage space, but still does a good job.

Any suggestions?

Years ago my husband gave me a 12-cup Cuisinart,which I never used for exactly the reasons you cite, and eventually gave away. The worst part was having to clean all the parts.

Meanwhile, I'm really tired of chopping everything by hand. Hope you get some good answers!

I love my Kitchenaid, I watch Alton Brown, he recommended KA so I found a good one for a good price at a Macy's sale. Had it for several years love it.

I like the 'stick blenders' - very versatile, use them in a big pot of hot soup, chop small things in a small bowl. Small, lightweight, easy to clean.

https://www.amazon.com/slp/best-immersion-blenders/m4mr6uwdrtm35mb

31moi9HhBgL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

-ERD50

I have a medium size Cuisinart, and it's a perfect size.

Got the giant Kitchenaid food mixer and the wife cannot even pick it up to put it on the cabinet. But it'll turn a cake mix into a work of art.

We have an 8-cup Cuisinart, probably at least 30 years old, that does a great job. We don't really use it as much as we should, because we don't eat much that requires that sort of thing, but when we do use it we're always impressed by what quick work it makes of everything.

Got the giant Kitchenaid food mixer and the wife cannot even pick it up to put it on the cabinet. But it'll turn a cake mix into a work of art.

I would love a Kitchenaid stand mixer, but I can't justify buying one even when they are on sale. They are so big that I would have to leave it permanently on my kitchen countertop. One of my friends recently did a beautiful kitchen renovation, which includes a dedicated hidden shelf for the Kitchenaid. When that cupboard is opened, that shelf automatically rises up to the level of the countertop.

I have a medium size Cuisinart, and it's a perfect size.

I'd help her!

My last neighbor bought his wife a weed eater that was too big for her to pick up.

We have an 8-cup Cuisinart, probably at least 30 years old, that does a great job. We don't really use it as much as we should, because we don't eat much that requires that sort of thing, but when we do use it we're always impressed by what quick work it makes of everything.

+1
We don't use ours often but there are certain tasks it's invaluable for, such as mixing cheesecake batter or grating large quantities of cheese.

Back
Top Bottom