Michael Moore's message to conservatives

Zipper said:
I especially liked Michael Moore's brilliant eviscerating of Charlton Heston, the NRA nutjob spokesman. That was worth an Oscar in itself. :LOL:

1. He was the former NRA president

2. It really takes a lot of balls and skill to pick on an 80 + y/o man with alzheimers. Wow, I'm so impressed. :-\

Why don't you do a little searching into the history of Charlton Heston and see what kind of man he was. He risked his career in Hollywierd to march in the civil rights marches of the 60's

Question: What does "a well-regulated militia" mean?

MM's films are entertaining at times, and irritating at other times, but "factual" is not an adjective I'd use to describe them... ::)

Maybe he'll do his own take on "Supersize Me"............ :LOL: :LOL:

Good ole' Michael Moron, always making me laugh............ :D :D

To me, his "documentaries" are about as reality as him going to Jenny Craig for help.........:)

You know, it's one thing to take folks on for their political positions, but what's up with the fat jokes?

If we want to pick on Michael Moore for his size, let's take shots at Rush Limbaugh for his conservative adipose, and for his tragic drug addiction -- how funny would THAT be? Maybe we can look into numbers of divorces, find out who's in therapy, etc. etc. There's no end of fun for and left wing alike!

Then again, maybe not.

Maybe we're in danger of saying more about ourselves than about these public figures when we go down that path.

FreeBird said:
Michael Moore is about as "relevant" to the left as David Duke is relevant to the right. Sorta scarry just how many people soak-in their spew.

Interesting. Michael Moore write a piece promissing to treat everyone the same, and is lumped with wacko racist who wants exactly the opposite.

You may not agree with Michael Moore in general, and you may think this letter is false promises, but I think the majority of americans would agree with almost everything most of what he wrote (sure most might disgree with one or two).

Charles said:
peggy, great, great post.

Martha ... it isn't just that Moore is a partisan. He's a liar, plain and simple. Take a look at his #9, where he is going to help free us from the scourge of "automatic" weapons. Truth is, they've been so heavily regulated since 1934 that it is almost impossible to buy and store an "automatic" weapon. You're an attorney ... spend 10 minutes checking around, and you'll learn the truth. The BS is starting over already.

I hear a lot of people saying he is a liar or at least distorts the facts. So you are right, partisan was the wrong word to use. But to be technical, when I read number nine I don't see a lie, I just see that he is opposed to automatic weapons. It doesn't say that they are legal The statement isn't terribly clear--it could be a reference is to the assault weapon ban issues that were in the press a while ago regarding certain semiautomatic firearms. "Semi-automatic" is often lumped in with "automatic."

I don't have a position on Moore's veracity, but given peoples' strong feelings about him I probably wouldn't participate in one of his documentaries.

Martha said:
I probably wouldn't participate in one of his documentaries.

I think we have a long time to wait for him to come out with a "documentary." Certainly his past offerings don't qualify anymore than Rush's blabbering counts as factual news reporting.

Caroline said:
You know, it's one thing to take folks on for their political positions, but what's up with the fat jokes?

If we want to pick on Michael Moore for his size, let's take shots at Rush Limbaugh for his conservative adipose

What is this, 1995? Rush is a fairly thin guy now

youbet said:
I think we have a long time to wait for him to come out with a "documentary." Certainly his past offerings don't qualify anymore than Rush's blabbering counts as factual news reporting.

You could be absolutely right. As I said, I haven't seen any of them.

Well, I was pretty heavy at one time in my life, so I heard all the fat jokes there are to hear.......... ::)

Turns out there was a medical reason for it, and it was been treated..........

Didn't know you couldn't have an opinion on here..........are we really that PC??

Martha said:
But to be technical, when I read number nine I don't see a lie, I just see that he is opposed to automatic weapons. It doesn't say that they are legal The statement isn't terribly clear--it could be a reference is to the assault weapon ban issues that were in the press a while ago regarding certain semiautomatic firearms. "Semi-automatic" is often lumped in with "automatic."

He can have my semi-automatic weapons when he pries them from my cold, dead fingers! ;)

FinanceDude said:
Didn't know you couldn't have an opinion on here..........are we really that PC??

Note to self: Don't make fun of the obese on the ER board. Verbotten! Okay to mumble something about "glandular condition" , "product of their environment" , "global corporate trans-fat conspiracy." Never say "eat less" or "exercise."

samclem said:
Note to self: Don't make fun of the obese on the ER board. Verbotten! Okay to mumble something about "glandular condition" , "product of their environment" , "global corporate trans-fat conspiracy." Never say "eat less" or "exercise."

Ok...........I'm printing it off and taping to my mirror........... ;)

FinanceDude said:
Well, I was pretty heavy at one time in my life, so I heard all the fat jokes there are to hear.......... ::)

Turns out there was a medical reason for it, and it was been treated..........

samclem said:

OK guys, nobody said you can't have an opinion. I have an opinion too. My opinion is that making fun of people because of how they look is mean.

Martha said:
OK guys, nobody said you can't have an opinion. I have an opinion too. My opinion is that making fun of people because of how they look is mean.

Actually it's more than mean. It's ignorant, low class, shows a lack of self confidence and insecurity about themselves and is an indicator of someone who needs to die young. But, that's just my opinion. ;)

My opinion is that making fun of people because of how they look is mean.

Very true, but good can come from it. On casual friday, i once wore a pair of "crocs". My boss noticed them and outloud said "those are about the ugliest shoes ive ever seen". Personally, i'm glad he told me because i'd rather want to know, and not wear them again, than for him to think negative of me everytime he saw me. Criticism can be a call to action.

I once had a friend in gradeschool with green teeth and horrible breath, and my mom got the idea of me mailing him a toothbrush and toothpaste without a return address. Was that "mean"? No doubt. Did it probably hurt his feelings? No doubt. Did his teeth start magically getting whiter over the next few months and did his breath improve? Actually, yes it did.

Azanon said:
Very true, but good can come from it. On casual friday, i once wore a pair of "crocs". My boss noticed them and outloud said "those are about the ugliest shoes ive ever seen". Personally, i'm glad he told me because i'd rather want to know, and not wear them again, than for him to think negative of me everytime he saw me. Criticism can be a call to action.

I once had a friend in gradeschool with green teeth and horrible breath, and my mom got the idea of me mailing him a toothbrush and toothpaste without a return address. Was that "mean"? No doubt. Did it probably hurt his feelings? No doubt. Did his teeth start magically getting whiter over the next few months and did his breath improve? Actually, yes it did.

Az.....there are important differences between constructive criticism, criticism and making fun of someone. Martha said the later. She's absolutely right.

youbet said:
Az.....there are important differences between constructive criticism, criticism and making fun of someone. Martha said the later. She's absolutely right.

My boss definitely made fun of my shoes. I definitely never wore them again. I think him for removing any doubt about how they looked. I sort of agree now, and just wear them around the house.

The toothbrush/toothpaste, probably hurt even more, but I agree, it wasn't "making fun of him".

Regardless, if the best "they've" got on MM is his weight, then they're really scraping.

Azanon said:
Regardless, if the best "they've" got on MM is his weight, then they're really scraping.

It doesn't excuse people for making fun of his appearance, but I imagine people do it because MM himself makes fun of people in a mean spirited way for his own benefit.........especially financial benefit.

Martha said:
I like crocs. :D

"You're wearin' funny lookin' crocs.......nah-nah, nah-nah, nah-nah.....!" :LOL:

Sorry........ ;) Totally lost control.

I kind of liked em too, but man my boss really let me have it. I see his point; they don't exactly look professional, even by casual friday standards, and i do interface with the public from time to time.

youbet said:
Actually it's more than mean. It's ignorant, low class, shows a lack of self confidence and insecurity about themselves and is an indicator of someone who needs to die young. But, that's just my opinion. ;)

Michael Moore is a big fat ignorant pervert, lacking in any class and an
embarrassment to all true Americans. I'm pretty sure he smells funny too,
but am hopeful I never get close enough to prove this.

JG

Back
Top Bottom