Most Pleasurable 40 bucks or less

Three tickets to the Rogue Valley Symphony (wife & disabled son) $30 Wonderful performance

Actually going into the one of the Villages squares for dinner and free concert is kind of fun and cheap.

There are about a dozen golf courses within 20 minutes where the greens fees are less than $25, and half of them my wife and I can play together for less than $40 total.

Believe it or not, many of those old, colored appliances had removable panels in case you wanted another color. Some even came with a few different colored panels stacked together.:LOL:

In 1990 I bought a house with 1980s vintage beige appliances. In 1994 I gutted and renovated the kitchen, but kept the old appliances, which were functioning perfectly. My colour scheme was French Country (white cabinets with blue ceramic knobs, blue and white tile backsplash, blue laminate counters, original oak floors) so I wanted white appliances. The dishwasher was the easiest: just switch to the white front panel. The fridge and stove I had repainted. The result was awesome. I did replace the dishwasher and fridge about 10 years later when they died of natural causes. However the stove was still going strong when I sold the house in 2011.

My mom still has an avocado green Maytag dishwasher (on casters so it can be wheeled closer to the sink if necessary to attach the supply hose which clamps onto the kitchen faucet). Bought in 1972 when we moved into a new house. Has been moved to newly purchased homes 3 times. Still works great and don't ever remember seeing or hearing of the Maytag man paying it a visit.

There is nothing that gives me more satisfaction in life than nice meal and bottle of red wine shared with my wife or dear friend.

How about you?

Nice things in life don't cost big money :) Those nice things count more than NW......

Ah, the above, plus a shot of an XO cognac after the meal (see following photo of my hand).

The XO bottle costs a lot more than $40, but I don't drink it all in one sitting, so a shot of that (my wife does not drink), and I am still left with enough out of the $40 to have a nice meal at home, with a bottle of red (again, actually just 1/2 of the bottle because my wife does not drink).

We do go out to nice restaurants occasionally, but it would cost more than $40. I have never paid for a shot of XO in restaurants. Heck, they charge enough just for the VSOP to make me cringe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom