MSNBC: "Few" people in their early 60s can afford retirement

SLC Tortfeasor

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey guys,

I just read a mildly interesting--albeit simplistic--article on MSNBC.  It says few people in their early 60s can afford a comfortable retirement.  There are also some other troubling statistics, of questionable value.

Check it out at:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8499888/

SLC Tortfeasor said:
Hey guys,

I just read a mildly interesting--albeit simplistic--article on MSNBC.  It says few people in their early 60s can afford a comfortable retirement.  There are also some other troubling statistics, of questionable value.

Check it out at:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8499888/

Then why am I so "comfortable"? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

JG

"Then why am I so "comfortable"?"

- must be that lazy-boy and your decision to have a magnum in your night stand as "long term care insurance".

From the article:

It's not just money. It's boredom. At age 65, even 70, many people are vital with much to contribute. They don't want to stop. But they don't want to put in a nine-to-five day either.

Contribute to what? Society can't live without their labor or brains? Nothing better to do with your time than work?

maddythebeagle said:
"Then why am I so "comfortable"?" 

- must be that lazy-boy and your decision to have a magnum in your night stand as "long term care insurance".

True! Proximity to SS and a working spouse doesn't hurt either. :)

JG

Contribute:confused:?

When the Shuttle lifted off yesterday - I suffered a brief twinge I wasn't still 'in harness' anymore - lasted about fifteen minutes.

This morning's paper had a big front page picture from the local plant watching the liftoff. From the names listed in front - I picked out 'the daughter' of one the women from my SO's old department. Then I checked out the grey hair of the guys in the picture.

ER is good.

unclemick2 said:
Contribute:confused:?

When the Shuttle lifted off yesterday - I suffered a brief twinge I wasn't still 'in harness' anymore - lasted about fifteen minutes.

This morning's paper had a big front page picture from the local plant watching the liftoff. From the names listed in front - I picked out 'the daughter' of one the women from my SO's old department. Then I checked out the grey hair of the guys in the picture.

ER is good.
Did you work at the Stennis Space Center on the gulf coast? Just curious.

Michoud (New Orleans) mostly. MSFC(Huntsville) was second. Very very little at Stennis.

Back
Top Bottom