My Story, Part 1........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally identify....it was my mother who did that to me. I am so glad you shared, it definitely is a wonderful way of healing and you have become an amazing person because of it.

The most memorable quote from the movie Parenthood that has stuck with me over the years:
"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming ******* be a father."
You can replace mother with father and it still rings true. In my case it was father.
In the end, it's what we choose to become in life, either because of or in spite of our upbringing.

Sad story. I will read all parts of it, with the hope it has a happy ending.

This is a phenomenal and courageous admission! What a burden to carry for a young child. Most people have experiences that affect them in a negative way. When the experience comes from parental abuse, it's bound to be even more difficult to shake off, if not impossible. I hope it helps you in a meaningful way to write about it in this way.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you found a way to endure the challenges presented to you.

From your previous posts, it appears you've overcome alot and enjoying the fruits of your hardwork. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom