New car - destination charge

I used TrueCar recently and had a mostly positive experience. In getting a good deal, my strength is being prepared, not haggling. Typical introvert. I visited dealers to figure out which vehicle I wanted, and the exact options I wanted. There were a couple on dealer lots that fit the bill exactly. So I "built" an identical vehicle on TrueCar, and asked for dealer quotes. All 3 were in the same ballpark, and all were better than I would have negotiated if I had just relied on data I found on the internet. Went to the dealer who offered the best price, and it turns out that they had "accidentally sold" the vehicle I wanted. They tried to show me some other vehicles, and I walked away. Went to dealer 2, and everything went smoothly. They could see that I was very prepared, so they didn't try to play games.

In my last purchase, I had a dealer say they would beat any price by $250. I said fine and emailed a competing quote. They said, no so fast you have to come in in person or no $250. You can read all about it in Yelp, Google and Angie's List. :LOL:

I don't need that high pressure crap, especially when other dealers accepted an emailed competing offer.

Mine was an email quote which they did accept...

But if you come in person, they will not give you a quote!!! I have had zero times I could get a quote written down on paper by a dealership... just has not happened....

And one time when I actually agreed to buy a car by phone, they thought they had another person who offered more money for the same car when I was driving to pick it up... told me 'we did not have a signed deal'... heck, I have even had a deal on paper that they then refused to honor saying the person who signed did not have authority to sign!!!! REALLY... and you want to try and fix this by selling me something else:confused:.... You have already proven to me you are a cheat.... why would I want to buy something from you... at least I can go someplace else where they might be a cheat but has not shown me they are....

Back
Top Bottom