New Cordless Weed Trimmer

I bought into the Ryobi one system, cordless trimmer, hedge trimmer, drill, circular saw, small hand vac, tire pump....two of the purchases included a battery and charger so I have two charging at a time and switch if they ever run out, but with my small yard I've never juiced a battery before finishing the front and back. Now if only they had a lawn mower....

Here you go. :)

Ryobi 16 in. ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Hybrid Cordless or Corded Lawn Mower-P1120 - The Home Depot

I'm surprised there aren't more brand-to-brand battery adapters for sale out there, maybe it is a liability issue. It's not a hard DIY project, I might go that route to adapt my Craftsman C3 batteries to an 18v-20v string trimmer of another brand.

There's a local company around here that supposedly will re-pack an old rechargeable battery with new batteries, but I have no idea what it costs.

We just got the EGO 16" chainsaw which comes with a 5AH battery.

Actually pretty much the chainsaw is free if you consider you get a $229 battery and a $60 charger in the kit (the whole kit is $299)

Amazing. As much power as a gas chainsaw. When you release the trigger it doesn't sit there and growl at you like a gas saw does.

I am eyeing the EGO snow blower which comes with two 7.5AH batteries. The snow blower would be free. I am thinking of using the batteries on an e-bike.

I'm surprised there aren't more brand-to-brand battery adapters for sale out there, maybe it is a liability issue. It's not a hard DIY project, I might go that route to adapt my Craftsman C3 batteries to an 18v-20v string trimmer of another brand.

Not only that, but DeWalt and Black and Decker are made by same company but the batteries are different. I think the slot config is different just to prevent intermixing.

Not only that, but DeWalt and Black and Decker are made by same company but the batteries are different. I think the slot config is different just to prevent intermixing.

You can add Porter-Cable, Stanley FatMax, and Bostitch battery tools to DeWalt and Black & Decker. All owned by Stanley-Black & Decker.

Also, Ryobi and Ridgid battery tools are both made by TTI. With incompatible batteries. Milwaukee Tools is owned by TTI, but I think it is operated more independently.

I tried to standardize on Black and Decker 20V tools. The trimmer is just ok and the blower is weak. I was impressed by the idea of 56V but then I saw that Lowes Kobolt brand has 80V trimmers and blowers.

I like Echo small power yard tools. I have one of their string trimmers that has to be 25 years old, still starts and runs fine. I do take the time at the end of season (or did when I was still doing the mowing) to drain the fuel and then run the carburetor as dry as I can get it.

I bought it online from this vendor but you can also probably find them local.

Browse Our Echo Power Equipment For Sale Near Philadelphia, Scranton, Allentown, PA and New York, NY - Mayberry's Sales and Service

Oh, and I have a Stihl chainsaw that I bought about 1980 and that still runs fine too.

+1 on Echo being a good brand, I have a power trimmer and chain saw both work great. But you do have to mix in 2 cycle oil.

I'm on the lookout for a trimmer like that, Sears stopped making them. Like you I have a lot of the Craftsman C3 tools (a good value, IMO). I hope yours lasts a long time.
I'm worried about Sears.

Sears is dead to me. Selling Craftsman tools to Stanley was the last straw. Stick a fork in them....

Sears is dead to me. Selling Craftsman tools to Stanley was the last straw. Stick a fork in them....

Perhaps not. DW has a cousin who is married to a higher-up Sears executive and he insists things are not nearly as black as the news reports are indicating. Frankly he has more credibility to me than the news reporters who need to sell articles.

Back
Top Bottom