New twist on an old nightmare

1. My recurring college nightmare is not finding the lecture hall for my final, final exam to graduate.
2. I have another recurring one where I'm in a familiar locker room but can't seem to find my locker.

I've occasionally had similar nightmarish dreams since starting college years ago. After finishing school I began having a variation in which the university notified me that my degree was being withdrawn because I never actually passed a certain class. After I fully retired the 'nightmares' ended when (in my dream) I informed the university I'm retired & they can have their sheepskin back.....'cause I'm done with it :LOL::dance::dance::dance::LOL:

At our school one was allowed to drive a car but had to get a permit. Several of us would go deer or turkey hunting in morning/afternoon and have our hunting instruments in the car. And several times, the teachers knew who we were and let us bring them in to the class for all to see and examine. Today, we'd still be locked up in the slammer after 45 years.

Townies (and those students in the county) were required to get a sticker - SO THAT the university would KNOW that YOUR CAR was not allowed on campus! Say, what?

I had one of those dreams last night where in the dream I wake up only to realize that I'm still asleep. That happened 4 times. I'd "wake up" in my own bedroom only to find something out of place, then know I was actually still dreaming. As a part of the [-]nightmare[/-] dream, I was still tied to duties to the office. Like I was on a summer vacation but had to return back to w*rk.

After waking, had to tell myself sure glad was just dream and not real.

Last edited:
Since I retired, which been 17 years now, I once in awhile dream that I'm about to be late for work. Or I'd dream I had it out with that supervisor, who was plotting to get me removed, and I'm dreading what's about to happen next. Then I 'd wake up so happy that was a dream, knowing that job is history, and knowing I'll never have to work for anybody else again, God willing. And if I ever do, it most likely won't be under those circumstances again, since my house is paid off, and I have no debt, and I could get by on minimum wage.

Maybe I'm an outlier here, but I occasionally dream that I'm at the office, and it feels good because I get to work with everyone again. I enjoyed my job, for the most part, and worked with great people, and my manager was essentially a demigod. Good times overall.

But then it's so nice being able to do whatever I want with my day, too!

Back
Top Bottom