NFL: 2018 Season

Darn near jinxed it. I think ticket prices just went up in KC.

Last edited:
All I can say after the first two games is, "Houston, we have a problem". :LOL:

They actually didn't look to bad in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Unfortunately all 4 quarters count!

Last edited:
All I can say after the first two games is, "Houston, we have a problem". :LOL:

They actually didn't look to bad the 3rd and 4th quarters. Unfortunately all 4 quarters count!

Looks like I won another bet from a good friend of mine. It's only $10, but it's the thought that counts. :D

Looks like I won another bet from a good friend of mine. It's only $10, but it's the thought that counts. :D

I quit betting on football sometime last year but after watching Houston's last two games, I'm re-considering.

+1 (Vikings fan, but not a season ticket holder)

High hopes to start the season. I keep in mind, this is the Vikings and so expect the unexpected. Likely expect disappointment to reign.:blush:

Great game today... Vikings vs Packers. Ended up in a tie. What's wrong with the MN Kicker :(

Great game today... Vikings vs Packers. Ended up in a tie. What's wrong with the MN Kicker :(

LOL! That is a normal game for the Vikes they usually self destruct it is just who they are.

Don't have a team per se just follow some of it.

How bout them Bucs! 2-0 vs the Saints and Eagles. Who’d of thought!!

New season and another 100+ men to suffer brain damage.
I look forward to the day when American football disappears.

Most of them got college degrees thru football. Most of them got them for free. A good percentage of them would be working minimum wage jobs or worse.

Very few of those men would never make more than 1 or 2% of what they make without football. They are willing to risk it.

I dont feel sorry for them at all. I do feel sorry for people who feel the need to come into a thread like this to post stuff like that though.

OUCH! Jimmy G. Non-contact injury. May be out for year.

When you're a highly paid franchise quarterback you need to play smarter than that.

If it was for a game-critical first down or something like that it might be understandable, but not in that situation.

I'm a Jimmy G fan and hoping that he does well, but that was a poor decision.

New season and another 100+ men to suffer brain damage.
I look forward to the day when American football disappears.

But in the meantime, these are adults being paid good money, and I enjoy watching professional football. But yes, one day American Football will go the way of boxing: still in existence but a specter of the power house it once was.

This article is from 2018: from the article: "But participation in football peaked in 2008 at 1.11 million athletes, and then declined almost 5 percent to 1.06 million players by 2017"
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-football-amid-concussion-fears-idUSKCN1GO2LY

Also from 2103: From the article: "The nation's largest youth football program, Pop Warner, saw participation drop 9.5 percent between 2010-12, a sign that the concussion crisis that began in the NFL is having a dramatic impact at the lowest rungs of the sport." Pop Warner youth football participation drops; NFL concussion crisis seen as causal factor

When you're a highly paid franchise quarterback you need to play smarter than that.

If it was for a game-critical first down or something like that it might be understandable, but not in that situation.

I'm a Jimmy G fan and hoping that he does well, but that was a poor decision.

That maybe true but as a competitor an elite athlete their mind doesn't work that way. They push themselves in every situation to do their best.

+1.

He also hurt his shoulder in the second game filling in for Brady last year when he held on to the ball too long trying to make a play.

I feel bad for Jimmy.

No NFL football shown on my tvs
Thanks for the reminder.

I watched Eagles vs. Colts, a very small piece of NO vs. ATL, woeful Boyz vs. Lime Green Northwesterners, and NE vs. Detroit.

I was very disappointed when the network switched away from the NO game. But the results all lifted me out of a very grey and rainy Sunday.

What's wrong with the Texans? Ugh! :blush:
Answer; The NY Giants should give Deshaun Watson "their" best defensive player award in that game yesterday. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom