NFL: 2018 Season

What's wrong with the Texans? Ugh! :blush:

Can you say bad coaching? I can!!!

OR, Watson is not as good as people think... IOW, a lot of his stats are coming late in the game when they are trying to come back instead of the beginning to get a lead...

Cowboys have a myriad of problems: no more Jason Witten; Sean Lee keeps getting hurt; Dak maybe not as good as previously thought; WRs without big time playmaker. Looks like a long season ahead.

When you're a highly paid franchise quarterback you need to play smarter than that.

If it was for a game-critical first down or something like that it might be understandable, but not in that situation.

I'm a Jimmy G fan and hoping that he does well, but that was a poor decision.

I recall seeing an article a few years ago with veteran NFL players discussing 'Career Extending Moves'. You often see players with the ball take a dive or hop out of bounds to avoid a potentially career ending hit. What Jimmy G did is not in the 'Career Extending Moves' category, but the 'Career Ending Moves' category.

Sorry to see any player have something like that happen. The first half was definitely something see though. If KC can fix the defense they should have a one heckuva season. Sure hope Mahomes has his head on straight and is ready for the deluge of attention.

Da Bears :clap:
Sure, the Bucs D was porous as a sieve, but if the bears can keep up their offensive production, they will be a dangerous team the rest of the season, and perhaps beyond. Patriots on the 21 Oct will be a test for them

Last edited:
Sorry to see any player have something like that happen. The first half was definitely something see though. If KC can fix the defense they should have a one heckuva season. Sure hope Mahomes has his head on straight and is ready for the deluge of attention.
Watched Mahomes play last night for the first time, wow. Tremendous potential, time will tell. KC seems to have been more competitive in the past few (Andy Reid) years, maybe this is their year...

Last edited:
Da Bears :clap:
Sure, the Bucs D was porous as a sieve, but if the bears can keep their offense productive, they will be a dangerous team the rest of the season, and perhaps beyond. Patriots on the 21 Oct will be a test for them

Trubisky had an Aaron Rodgers type first half. No kidding as there was a stat like they are the only 2 QBs ever to have 5 TD passes to 5 different receivers in the first half.

Of course, in today's football, if a defender breaths on the QB, that's a roughing penalty.

Of course, in today's football, if a defender breaths on the QB, that's a roughing penalty.

Agreed. Could be some changes in that new rule after this season, from what I'm hearing. The intent is a good one, but the rule & it's enforcement is confusing as hell

^^^^ Shouldn't be an issue if they used a more sensible definition of "unnecessarily".

I’m feeling a changing of the guard at QB coming. Kind of like that nip in the air the other night.

Brady, Rogers, Breese,,,,Mahomes, Trubisky, Prescott.

We shall see how they all compare.

I’m feeling a changing of the guard at QB coming. Kind of like that nip in the air the other night.

Brady, Rogers, Breese,,,,Mahomes, Trubisky, Prescott.

We shall see how they all compare.

Don't forget Goff, Wentz, Watson, and a number of others with 4-5 years experience that are beginning to come into their own.

The Bears moved up 5 spots on the power rankings from 12 to 7. Nothing like having a bye week to climb up :popcorn:.

I know that the game has changed a lot but Mahomes looks like he is playing on a different plane.

Yes, impressive young guy.... I just hope that he is not a one-year wonder like so many others before him and I hope that he doesn't get hurt.

Yes, impressive young guy.... I just hope that he is not a one-year wonder like so many others before him and I hope that he doesn't get hurt.

I also think he's pretty impressive but even with the new rules protecting QBs the risk of injury is extremely high for mobile ones.

+1. Like RGIII and several others, sad. Mahomes has been remarkable so far.

Last edited:
Yes hopefully he avoids injury. It looked like Dak Prescott took a hit last night that should have taken him out of the game. Tony Romo sure seemed to think so but I guess Prescott passed the concussion protocol.

I can't stand the stupid officiating . We are Cleveland Browns fans and twice this season the NFL has apologized to the team for missed calls that could have determined the game..
See another one coming this week , maybe 2 . Baker Mayfield ran and was hit helmet to helmet . The ref said when he decided to run he was a runner . But when can you target ? Also on a play like the one they apologized for last week half of Tampa's O line took off early . bad officiating or maybe Vegas is involved.

I can't stand the stupid officiating .

It's clearly worse this year than it was last year and last year was pretty bad. Maybe we should blame too many stupid rules as much as stupid calls! FYI, IMO Baseball is making some bad calls too and not just for balls and strikes.

bad officiating or maybe Vegas is involved.
Possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom