Oh man this one speaks for itself! Wow!

My view of the "Christian Right" -- too many Pharisees, not enough Christians.

Why should we care what Charles Barkley says?

How about this headline:
"Dex says; Charles Barkley doesn't have anything interesting to say."

Why should we care what Charles Barkley says?

How about this headline:
"Dex says; Charles Barkley doesn't have anything interesting to say."

If dex says so, I'd go along with it. So...... agreed, Charles Barkley doesn't have anything interesting to say.

I'm a christian and I loved it. I agree with the Charles, to many "fake" christians.

I agree with Barkley. There are a large number of hypocrites out there. They are not fully compliant in the faith. They have passions about certain issues and put emphasis on certain areas rather than be well rounded. Although, I do not think Barkley would be a good politician.

IMO - Politics and religion should not be mixed. Otherwise we might wind up kinda like Iran or Medieval Europe. Imperfect man imposing his twisted sense (and interpretation) of morality.

Here is another contrast for you.

Rush Limbaugh is the conservative version of Al Sharpton. Both thoroughly turn me off (make me violently ill). The funny thing is that both simply try to manipulate people who let their emotions rule their thoughts and actions. It is the oldest trick in the book (been around since biblical times). I find it a bit shocking that people (poor saps) are gullible enough to buy into the rhetoric. In many cases, peoples' prejudices and base human biases play into the emotional issues.

I am sure Rush does not see himself that way... But he is! Those two are a pair of peas in a pod. One is black the other is white. They both are caricatures that personify the very opposite (polar) end of the issues they rant about. in other words their rants are about each other (and the minority that are like them)... not the silent majority.

The logic is way off:
Political conservatism is about the the interpertation and application of the US Constitution.
Christitanity is about the interpertation and application of the Christian religion. There are several variations that I know about.
You can be a Christian who is a political conservative or political center or political liberal. Are Christians who believe in political idealogies other than conservatism "Fake" also?
You can be any religion and be a political conservatism - are Jews, Moslems, Hindus, Buddhist etc who believe in political conservatism "Fakes" also.
Christianity and political conservatism may have issues where they intersect but so do other religions interests interset with other political parties.

Charles might have been a great NBA star but no where have I found that he is a religious and political scholar.

The logic is way off:
Charles might have been a great NBA star but no where have I found that he is a religious and political scholar.

I agree with the last statement. Plus, it always does irk me a bit when someone uses their celebrity status to put forth their political point of view.

I believe he could not articulate his thoughts very well and his message just came off as emotional.

The positions he took and cited are a couple of emotional issues for many people. However, his basic message about most being hypocrites was right on. It is an indisputable fact. We all know this. Few follow the full set of principles espoused in the doctrine of their religious faith.

I find it kind of interesting. I have had political discussions for years with some people I know... they are super conservative on a number of issues. Now that they are older and worried about health care and SS being around, they are suddenly leaning towards the Democratic candidate. I ask myself what happened to those conservative principles. The answer is money and fear of financial instability. Those principles have a price and they are not willing to pay the price.

People often part with their convictions if money enters the equation.

There are some people that will stick with their convictions when the going gets tough and personal... but that population is very small.

Last edited:
The logic is way off:
Political conservatism is about the the interpertation and application of the US Constitution.
Christitanity is about the interpertation and application of the Christian religion.

Agreed. Where we get into trouble is mixing the two.

Agreed. Where we get into trouble is mixing the two.
Thanks for adding that - the USA would look more like Iraq if we did mix them.

Back
Top Bottom