Oh my god, you're going to get fired!

well, still trying to get fired. i adopted an 'i dont give a fu#k' attitude toward everybody...doesnt make a but of difference

i questioned my boss...put her on the spot...during a meeting....and she was flustered but didnt show it

then they made a friggin lunch schedule!!! next coems naptime and permission slips...so i blatently disdregarded this thign today...first day it was in effect....nobody noticed....

today IS my birthday....maybe the birthday suit is what i need 2 do

make sure you don't get fired "for cause". that'll cost you your unemployment bennies. Just slowly degrade to a point where they can't make money off of you. Do your job, but slowly reduce your effectiveness.

thefed said:
well, still trying to get fired. i adopted an 'i dont give a fu#k' attitude toward everybody...doesnt make a but of difference...

Just a suggestion, but I would much rather leave on my terms rather than theirs. Being a jerk just to get fired seems a bit immature and has the negative consequence of being asked to leave before you are ready and having no references you could use from this work place if needed. You might want to rethink this approach. IMHO, it is far better to tell them when you are leaving rather than them throwing you out before you are ready.

Sure, it feels good to stick it to the "man" but it rarely ever works out the way you would like. Suck it up and leave on your terms with your head held high.

SteveR said:
y.
Sure, it feels good to stick it to the "man" but it rarely ever works out the way you would like. Suck it up and leave on your terms with your head held high.

Steve's right. Leaving a job is one thing but leaving an unnecessary trail of bad relationships, resentful co-workers, and vindictive bosses behind you is probably not a good strategy.

The old saying about what goes around comes around has a far and long-lasting reach. Good luck with your plans, but I wouldn't piss off anyone you didn't have to ;).

SteveR said:

The voice of reason. I love your posts, SteveR :)

What SteveR says is true. I work for mega, mega corp in the Bay Area where everyone knows someone who knows someone who work(s)ed for mega, mega corp. Let me tell you, it's downright scary who knows who. If I went down the block to Genetech, you'd better believe at least six phone calls would be made to peers and former collegues, in an informal fashion, to get the scoop on me.

As much as I'd love to tell corporate america to go f*ck off with both my middle fingers firmly erect in the air, I'm in no position to commit career suicide.

cube_rat said:
As much as I'd love to tell corporate america to go f*ck off with both my middle fingers firmly erect in the air, I'm in no position to commit career suicide. 
Just make sure you're encrypting all those graphics files on your hard drive!

Nords said:
Just make sure you're encrypting all those graphics files on your hard drive!

:LOL: I'm not crazy enough to leave incriminating evidence laying around!! Well, with the exception of my Ouchy the Clown screensaver.

SteveR said:
Just a suggestion, but I would much rather leave on my terms rather than theirs. Being a jerk just to get fired seems a bit immature and has the negative consequence of being asked to leave before you are ready and having no references you could use from this work place if needed. You might want to rethink this approach. IMHO, it is far better to tell them when you are leaving rather than them throwing you out before you are ready.

i hear ya stever.... im not being a jerk in an outward manner....but finally realize why ive been so miserable there for so long...bc i really just DONT give a f$*k. when i called out my boss, it was for a good reason. i poited out somethign nobody else has the nuts to (she leaves earlier and earlierevery day....as our production slips and she gives speeches about pickin up by the bootstraps)

i do understand your point tho

This is another one of those threads that tells me the transition from dbp pensions to 401k's and IRA's isn't such a bad thing.  So many folks are absolutely frustrated, miserable and enraged by their employment situations.  Yet, those same folks seem stuck, feeling locked in by benefit packages, especially pensions.

Is it really worth it to have stress, elevated bp and anxiety over your job to the extent it's dramatically reducing your quality of life, maybe even peeling years off your life?

Time for a change, but do it professionally.

youbet said:
This is another one of those threads that tells me the transition from dbp pensions to 401k's and IRA's isn't such a bad thing. So many folks are absolutely frustrated, miserable and enraged by their employment situations. Yet, those same folks seem stuck, feeling locked in by benefit packages, especially pensions.

Absolutely! Times have changed. I guess I wasn't involved in the professional world when people stuck it out for a career at one employer, were treated fairly and had some degree of trust btw employer and employee. Now, it is completely mercenary. Who can benefit ME the most? Higher bidder, here I come!

Back
Top Bottom