Old Guy Gift Ideas?

Blue tooth ear buds. You don’t realize how nice they are to listen to music or podcasts while doing other things and you won’t bother people around you. You can also talk on the phone with them. Best thing I never needed.
Sporting event tickets.
National Parks pass
Wine, beer or fruit of the month club
A cool pocket knife
Telescope or binoculars
A man bag
A puppy :LOL:

Tools are good.

And don't forget to also buy more 10mm sockets.

Since the ones you bought for him last year have fled:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Meal out with the family
Any experience/time with them--concert, movie, etc.
Fresh roasted Coffee Beans
Paid class at local CC or city parks/recreation for something fun--fused glass making, photography, bee keeping. Anything that you may have an interest in but haven't gotten around too yet
Can always use a good pair of socks
Donation to a charity of your choice

Since your givers probably have more of it left than you, as an Old Guy, do: the gift of Time.

They offer to wash and wax your car, or any other chore that you do yourself, but it would be nice if somebody else did it so you can do something else you want to do.

My standing list to my kids:
- A memory from their childhood
- Play a board game
- Play a piece of music for me (they are all musical)

No stuff I have to move.

Train ride to visit the kids, dinner out and soft ice cream for desert 😀

Oh, some good craft beer to share.

Since your givers probably have more of it left than you, as an Old Guy, do: the gift of Time..

+10000 to this!!!

Don’t live near my dad, so flying down just to spend time and hang out with him makes him so very happy. …….it helps that Father’s Day falls on my birthday this year. We’ll put bows on our heads and “give” ourselves to each other! Haha!

I always tried to do experiences for my parents - a day trip to a small museum in a nearby town , taking them to a play, concert or a lecture at a nearby college (those were more accessible than going to a "big" event in the city) or a trip to some nearby gardens - in each case followed by a nice lunch.

In a few cases where I did gifts, I tried to make them more personal. When my Mom downsized to a condo from a big house, I got her an electronic photo frame that included copies of old family pics I scanned in. If your kids don't live nearby, one of the photo frames that allows them to email pics to be displayed can be a nice way to share experiences.A relative has one of those and her kids in different states can send pics that are automatically displayed on a rotating display in the frame.

Last edited:
As a DIYer finding myself replacing all my pluggin tools and gas powered tools with Electric. The recently received a battery powered hot glue gun, from my wife weighs nothing and no cord and I find hot glue very useful around the house. Uses the same battery as most of my tools. Oh and cost like $20. I am thrilled. But I like useful gifts, buy me clothes and I will barely crack a smile, but tools, cooking stuff, electronics and I am a happy man…

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom