Online Passport Renewal

I'm on my 5th passport with two years left.

So happy about this.

Can you still renew online? I just created my account and it indicates they stopped this service February 7th. Unless I’m misreading things.

Thanks. Sure hope they restart it. Seems weird to turn it off.

They have stopped and started it several times. I would check every couple of days to see if it has resumed.

We sent our renewal applications registered mail, one day less than 7 weeks ago. No travel plans given. Two new passports arrived today, June 14. I think the estimated time given was like 9 to 13 weeks. We expected mid July. Took 48 days. Not sure when we're going anywhere.
They didn't return our old passports unless their gonna be mailed separately.

Last edited:
We sent our renewal applications registered mail, one day less than 7 weeks ago. No travel plans given. Two new passports arrived today, June 14. I think the estimated time given was like 9 to 13 weeks. We expected mid July. Took 48 days. Not sure when we're going anywhere.
They didn't return our old passports unless their gonna be mailed separately.

They will be mailed separately.

Sent in passport renewal on May 23 and it came in the mail yesterday in just a little over 5 weeks.
WOO HOO!
Now to see if our trip comes through on the wait list for mid Sept. It has been 4 years. Still a little anxious to travel by air.

Cheers!

Processing center in Irving, TX received my renewal application for routine service on June 23, 2023. Got new passport book in pristine condition today August 19, 2023 to San Jo, CA. 58 days total. Not bad. Plus you can check status on travel.state.gov

Any news on online renewal of passports? The last I heard they turned it off in March and it's still off.

Any news on online renewal of passports? The last I heard they turned it off in March and it's still off.

I just was checking yesterday, as I need to renew mine....still no update :(Hoping they turn it back on by Jan...I helped a friend submit theirs last year and it was great taking pics with passport photo software and uploading the application digitally vs spending $15-20 at walgreens/CVS on photos. Not to mention avoiding snail mail.

I just was checking yesterday, as I need to renew mine....still no update :(Hoping they turn it back on by Jan...I helped a friend submit theirs last year and it was great taking pics with passport photo software and uploading the application digitally vs spending $15-20 at walgreens/CVS on photos. Not to mention avoiding snail mail.
I carry two: US and Ireland. The Irish passport MUST be renewed online now. Stinky poopy. It's the picture-taking stuff that spooks me. I hate technology. Gotta do it next year. Still many years to go on the US passport.

Back
Top Bottom