Our changing thoughts on possessions...

Just like a house, we do not own the house the house is the owner of our time which as you know is a valuable commodity that you do not get back.
The endless trips to Home depot to look for stuff such a waste of life although at the moment I did not know better.

Or maybe you’re just not enjoying the moment? ‘Better’ is in the eye of the beholder. I love walking into Home Depot with a project on my mind. The smell of the lumber, browsing in the garden section with the sun on my back, finding the perfect color of paint. To each his own...

With young children and a recent move to a larger house, we’re definitely in accumulation mode, though I do appreciate less stuff. In my 30s I moved almost everything I owned into storage to remodel my house. What a great lesson in decluttering that was. I found I wanted almost none of it when I started unpacking.

The things I do have, I want to be high quality and well designed.

My biggest pet peeve is accumulation in cabinets and drawers. I want them empty or well organized. I would rather have a counter full of junk reminding me to get rid of it, than have it stuffed away in a cabinet somewhere.

The hardest thing for me to manage is kids clothing and toys. We try to buy nice quality clothes and toys, so I always feel like we should sell them, but it’s a huge hassle and they cycle through stuff so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom