Overkill: When Modern Medicine Goes Too Far

lsimpson33

Dryer sheet aficionado
One of my favorite blogs to read, Science-Based Medicine, recommended the book Overkill: When Modern Medicine Goes Too Far by Paul Offit.

I highly recommend it.

As someone who has always struggled with science but still wants to be a great advocate for themselves and others when making medical decisions, I greatly appreciated this book. The chapters were short and very easy to read and understand. I learned so much that I can take with me to be an advocate.

Dr. Offit's writing style was so accessible and he provides a solid history of each topic, then provides a plethora of evidence (with citations at the end of the book), and then provides some advice for making choices based on the evidence.

I also found afterward that I was able to easily articulate what I'd learned to others, thanks to the writing style of this book.

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpg
    IMG_6155.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 43
Wow. Dr. Offit is also a well known infectious disease and vaccine expert. I recently listened to an excellent interview with him about the Covid-19 vaccines. Same doctor!

Paul Allan Offit (born 27 March 1951) is an American pediatrician specializing in infectious diseases, vaccines, immunology, and virology. He is the co-inventor of a rotavirus vaccine. Offit is the Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology, professor of pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, former chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases (1992–2014), and the director of the Vaccine Education Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Offit

Attia interview #137 – Paul Offit, M.D.: An expert perspective on COVID-19 vaccines: https://peterattiamd.com/pauloffit/

Last edited:
Thanks. I was able to get the ebook from the library without a wait.

Thanks for the tip. Reserved the book, and I agree about the Science Based Medicine blog. Good info.

Back
Top Bottom