Peeple... "How to win friends..."

In grade school we had slam books where people would write cool and cruel comments about each other. We got in big trouble for having them.

This must be the electronic version of that.
"yik yak" is kind of an anonymous slam book of sorts...allows anonymous postings, completely unfiltered. They're in the news now because they're offering people "handles", seen to be a step away from the traditional anonymity of their users.

I suppose an employer could go to some downtown and recruit day laborers with it, but I think it's a way for college kids to write on a virtual bathroom wall. 8675309?

I suppose an employer could go to some downtown and recruit day laborers with it, but I think it's a way for college kids to write on a virtual bathroom wall. 8675309?

Well they had to come up with something, as I've noticed in my long trips and frequent stops that the stall walls are a lot cleaner than they used to be.

Makes sense to me, as the washroom quality is the largest factor in determining if I will ever return to a place. So if they want customers, keep it clean.

In grade school we had slam books where people would write cool and cruel comments about each other. We got in big trouble for having them.

This must be the electronic version of that.
"yik yak" is kind of an anonymous slam book of sorts...allows anonymous postings, completely unfiltered. They're in the news now because they're offering people "handles", seen to be a step away from the traditional anonymity of their users.
Except you have to be a member to even appear in the app, and the recipient approves each "recommendation." So there's no way you could get a cruel comment, unless you allowed it. But if you upgrade, you get the "truth license' where you can see bad reviews, isn't that special.

So why would anyone join, and risk a bad "recommendation?"

Seems pretty pointless, and not like yelp at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom