People who don't like retirement

Unlike many of you, and as I've said before here, I didn't get much out of Zelinski's book. That's because the retirement challenge was purely financial for me. I never had any trouble deciding what I would do with my free time.

Unlike many of you, and as I've said before here, I didn't get much out of Zelinski's book. That's because the retirement challenge was purely financial for me. I never had any trouble deciding what I would do with my free time.
All the better for you...whatever it takes. For me the financial side was the easy part, just a matter of the discipline to reach a $ goal. Since my career was ultimately a series of financial objectives, getting there was just a matter of time...

Last edited:
I found the Get-A-Life Tree exercise from his book to be the single most helpful thing I did before retiring, I'd encourage you to make sure you read that part. It's been discussed here, though it's been a while (I tried to find a link, but couldn't).
Here you go:
Retirement Planning Wisdom That You Won't Get from Your Financial Advisor: The Get-a-Life Tree: A Great Retirement Planning Tool!

Maybe a mod could add it to the FAQ Archive.

It took me a while to find it, but I've been adding them to the blogroll as I do:
Military Retirement & Financial Independence | Financial independence & early retirement for veterans every Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday

I've had a copy laying on my desk for over nine years now, but I've been too busy to get around to working through it...

My dad retired after 30 years of shiftwork in a boiler room. He took a cabinet making course, then discovered that few cabinet makers wanted to take on an apprentice older than themselves. Seems they were all looking for young folks they could transition their businesses to. That was a bit of a wake up call for my dad, so he went back to work. Doing shiftwork. In a boiler room. But a different one, this time. ;) Now he's happy again!

This strikes me as a very sad reality. That just because you've got grey hair that you're not as desirable an employee. In seeking different employment I've seen it too.:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom