Poll: How many rolls of toilet paper do you have?

How many rolls of toilet paper do you have on hand?

• 12 or less

Votes: 72 20.5%
  • 13 - 24

Votes: 99 28.1%
  • 25 - 48

Votes: 91 25.9%
  • 49 - 96

Votes: 55 15.6%
  • 97 - 144

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • I can't count that high

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NYDB

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
better question is what will you use if you run out?

You can make that final roll go a long way using the following technique:

1. Tear off one (1) sheet
2. Fold in half
3. Fold in half again
4. Tear off one corner so that you have a small hole in the center of the sheet
5. Set aside the small torn corner
6. Insert finger of choice into hole and conduct necessary business
7. Use small torn corner piece to clean fingernail

You can make that final roll go a long way using the following technique:

1. Tear off one (1) sheet
2. Fold in half
3. Fold in half again
4. Tear off one corner so that you have a small hole in the center of the sheet
5. Set aside the small torn corner
6. Insert finger of choice into hole and conduct necessary business
7. Use small torn corner piece to clean fingernail

Ever hear the expression "TMI"? YMMV

Geez, has everyone forgotten leaves? I remember reading about using leaves almost 60 years ago.

Hear in the desert, a mesquite leaf is about 1/2in long and maybe 1/4 inch wide.
And depending on the species, most of them have thorns.
Good luck with that.

The Romans used to use a sponge on a stick.

Attachments

• E459DE32-4D33-4373-A0A4-BB906984C302.jpg
    E459DE32-4D33-4373-A0A4-BB906984C302.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 31
Toilet paper is a modern "invention".

http://www.toiletpaperhistory.net/toilet-paper-history/used-before-toilet-paper/

"What did people use before*toilet paper was invented?
Before the advent of*modern toilet paper*many different materials were used for the same purposes. Different materials were used depending upon the country, weather conditions, social customs and status."

I'm guessing if you're a decendent of Viking ancestors sheep aren't going to want to be around you.[emoji23]

Last edited:
The Romans used to use a sponge on a stick.

And re-used...

If you want to get over a OCD with cleanliness... visit India. I won't post links to the pics, but their "wand bidets" are NASTY... envision that the spray wand was also used as a scraper similar to the roman sponges to speed up the process.:sick:

I have a 40 pack from Costco, which we always have, virus or no virus. We needed one a couple of weeks ago, so timing was good.

I went to Aldi this a.m. for some fresh fruits and produce, and the TP aisle was EMPTY two minutes after the store opened. When I left, there were no parking spots either. And, they had signs all over the store with limits on eggs, TP, paper towels, hand soap, sanitizer, etc.

Sheer madness...

I have 12 rolls of plush ("one sheet is enough") TP for just me. Otherwise water is a great way to get clean.

My tap water is about 48 degrees (just tested it), likely colder in one of the bathrooms. Now that is a wake up call!

I had one that did not have heated water. Now I have one with a heater. Had to put in an electrical outlet. However, the one with no heat was not near as bad as it would seem. I guess you get use to it. The main reason I got one with heat is because I really wanted the heated seat.

In a bit of a rush this morning, so haven't had time to read the entire thread. My first thought was that I cannot accurately answer the poll, because it doesn't specify whether we're talking about standard rolls, double rolls, or mega-rolls - or whatever else the latest size is called in order to market what is basically a long roll of paper that we use to wipe our bottoms.

"Yes, we know this is just paper that we are using to wipe our bottoms, but our brand stands head and shoulders above the rest! Our brand is softer, stronger, and there is more in a roll! A more luxurious experience for your bottom!"

Yikes, it's enough to make me want to install a bidet, or investigate the concept of family cloth.

Oh yes, I get my TP on subscription from Amazon, and currently have 42 double rolls of Quilted Northern Ultra Plush. I am due for another shipment in a week or two, and am curious to see if it will arrive.

Slightly ashamed to admit that I just calculated I have enough for about 40 more days. If this ridiculous TP shortage continues into mid-April, then I'll need to start thinking of "back up" plans. :D :yuk:

I have:

36 rolls of TP.

If that runs out....2 large packages of paper napkins...

If that runs out, 10 boxes of tissue ( I have spring allergies so always stock up!)

If that runs out too....several rolls of paper towels...

If that runs out...a box of industrial rags in the garage.

IF that runs out.....newsprint.

If all that is gone, my hands......

Washing them 100 times a day anyway, so might as well make it worth it!!!!!

(PS Sarcasm light is ON about my hand!!!!)

I'm single and live alone so unless I get some intestinal disease, I'm good!

My friends who visit...I ask them to bring thier own bun-wad...!

Hold on, hold on...can I change our number? We have one less roll now!

Hold on, hold on...can I change our number? We have one less roll now!

Unlike the “YTD returns” threads, this is one where we do not need progress reports or regular updates. :)

Came back from the grocery store and there's no paper products. No TP, tissues, paper towels. I did find a pack of paper plates

Can't vote, because I do not know and don't want to go around looking for where my wife stashes them.

All I know is she takes good care to make sure we do not run out.
That's me too. I'm a long-time bidet user (heated water)...I could live without TP, but I didn't get the bidet with the air dryer, so still am a low-volume consumer.

I was cringing through "the sponge on a stick" posts, when the first line in the next post said "I have 12 of them..." (meaning rolls, not sponges on sticks), but I had to bust out laughing :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom