Poll: How many rolls of toilet paper do you have?

How many rolls of toilet paper do you have on hand?

• 12 or less

Votes: 72 20.5%
  • 13 - 24

Votes: 99 28.1%
  • 25 - 48

Votes: 91 25.9%
  • 49 - 96

Votes: 55 15.6%
  • 97 - 144

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • I can't count that high

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NYDB

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With that recent score of 18 rolls, we have 51 rolls on hand,not including the two in use. I'm embarrassed. :blush:

My calculations say we are "good" until Labor Day. ;)

Standard operating procedure for us is to have a 6 to 12 month supply of essentials. We had boosted our supply back closer to 12 months before all hell broke loose in the TP department. When things started falling apart, I picked up some extra to share with my kids, because they don’t even notice they are low until they “don’t have a square to spare” (Elaine, of Seinfeld). When they get to that point, I know they’ll come crying, and being the soft hearted daddy and grandpa that I am, I’ll have to part with my carefully “procured over time” stash. So, to keep my inventory where I wanted it, I got a bit extra...not much, just enough to share a month or two worth with each of the kids, and with my 84 year old parents because they don’t get around as well as they used to.

Frankly, I don’t give a dam* if anyone thinks I’m a hoarder for being prepared to help my family, who I know will turn to me for help...both the young and the old.

How much longer can this hoarding continue? I haven’t been able to buy paper towels for well over a month now. At some point I would think enough people are losing their jobs that they would have bigger things to worry about than having a year supply of paper goods on hand.

The only thing harder to find than paper towels is disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Those just plainly don’t exist.

I can see into the future....not

We currently have 162 large rolls of TP, but we have not purchased any in the last 7 months. Sam's Club was having a sale last August, and you get $20 off if you buy 5 large packages...I guess we were very lucky.

How much longer can this hoarding continue? I haven’t been able to buy paper towels for well over a month now. At some point I would think enough people are losing their jobs that they would have bigger things to worry about than having a year supply of paper goods on hand.

The only thing harder to find than paper towels is disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Those just plainly don’t exist.

It's not the hoarders, it's the Amazon/Ebay Resellers that are the problem.
They will buy up everything, sell it, and repeat endlessly forever.
Hoarders will simply run out of space.

Confession time here. We're a little bit prepperish. I always keep a fully stocked pantry we could live on for months, and plenty of cleaning and paper goods tucked in closets around the house. We have enough TP stockpiled that I was able to share a 12 pack with my parents and send a pack of 20 via UPS to our daughter in another city. It cost $25 bucks to ship, but those aren't the most expensive rolls we've ever bought. When my DH was fishing in a remote part of northern Canada one summer, he and the guys he was with paid $85 A ROLL to have TP flown in to the lake via float plane.

Hey! When you need it, you need it!

106 large rolls for a 4 person household. I haven't calculated usage and quite frankly don't feel like doing so.

Bath and Body Works continues to have their own hand sanitizer at 68% alcohol.
Perhaps there is a store near you.

Bath and Body Works continues to have their own hand sanitizer at 68% alcohol.
Perhaps there is a store near you.

All of their stores shut down a day or two ago. All retail is shut down unless they sell food or medical products. And they have been sold out online for weeks. But I keep checking.

We have 9-10 but I did buy a garden hose. :D

Cheers!

Got bored - came up with no TP solution

Who needs TP?

Attachments

• 061A2A95-3DCF-41F5-8C8C-289CE0A80314.jpg
    061A2A95-3DCF-41F5-8C8C-289CE0A80314.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 28
Costco Had TP!

We made our weekly Costco foray yesterday (perishables such as fruit, salad, ice-cream bars, etc.) Costco had folks lined up with their carts to go in a 100 (just a guess) at a time. Though we got there 3 minutes AFTER opening, we were in the second "wave" permitted into the store. It took perhaps 15 minutes of waiting - 10 minutes of which I was looking for a parking place while DW dutifully "manned" the cart. I had visions of the place being packed out again. It WAS busy, but the checkouts were not overwhelmed. The FIRST Costco person we met upon entry directed us to the new shipment of TP ("One pkg of 30 rolls ONLY.") We said "no thanks" and headed for the bananas and salad. In all, we spent maybe 10 minutes doing our list and 10 minutes at checkout. When we left, the first group of TP shoppers had left the parking lot and there were actually places OPEN to park. I had not seen that for 3 weeks. By the way, I don't recall seeing very many carts WITHOUT their allotment of TP.

One thing surprised me. I wanted to stock up on my beverage of choice as we go through it rather quickly. We had two 36 packs of DietPepsi in the cart. They would only sell us one (until I bought the second one with MY Costco card.) I can see rationing TP, but not DP:facepalm: Anyway, I was impressed that Costco had scored enough TP from the mainland to offer it again. There was a HUGE lump of it in the center of the store (not its usual place). No idea if there will be another such lump any time soon, be we are good for months without additional stocks. As always, YMMV.

106 large rolls for a 4 person household. I haven't calculated usage and quite frankly don't feel like doing so.

Around 140 large rolls now with the Walmart purchase.
Who knows how much is enough.
Luckily? much of the extra stuff can be used for hurricane season which arrives in 2 months.:angel:

I have an infinite supply of leaves on my property. So what's the problem?

Was just at the grocery store. It's official - the crisis is over. Although there does seem to have been a bit of a run on BBQ chips!

IMG_2462.jpg

I am so glad to read that some of these shortages are coming to an end! What encouraging reports.

(I have 48 rolls which should last me until summer I guess?).

Today I ordered a couple of snack food items that Amazon hasn't had for a month. I couldn't use Prime Pantry, but ordered these as a regular purchase. The prices were not exorbitant, shipping was free, and they are due for delivery this weekend. What? Not a month from now? :LOL:

If Amazon is recovering, then that makes me pretty happy. Not as happy as if the virus disappeared for some unknown reason, but it's a start.

Well, no paper products at the one local grocery store we visited this morning. At least we still have plenty left, and picked up the food items we were short on to last us a few more weeks, at least.

Oh what a bunch of braggarts? Going on social media strutting about how many rolls of TP they have. Is this a new way to find a mate? :D

Just like a bowerbird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom