Prime Day 2019

I can’t figure out what the promo credit is good for. Often those type promo credits are limited to certain types of purchases.

I can’t figure out what the promo credit is good for. Often those type promo credits are limited to certain types of purchases.

You buy a $25 amazon gift card and then you get a $5 credit in your amazon account - IF you are a prime member.

You buy a $25 amazon gift card and then you get a $5 credit in your amazon account - IF you are a prime member.

Thanks - that I can use!

It’s the digital credits or credits against a pantry pack I almost never can use.

Feeling pretty good about this deal!

Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, 8G storage, with special offers: $129.99
- Prime Day Deal -$45
- Kindle Trade-in gets 25% off original price -$32.5
- Kindle Trade-in gift card -$25
- Whole-foods promo -$10
- Amazon assistant promo -$10

Total cost to upgrade from a 5 year old 2nd gen Paperwhite with 2G storage to 10th gen Paperwhite with 8G storage: $6.50 :dance:

(To be fair, I did spend some of my savings on a new cover since the old one doesn't fit this model.)

In addition to the gift card promo mentioned above, here are a couple of others:

Amazon Assistant promo - install this helper in your browser and then place an order for something that costs at least $50 before discounts and get $10 off. After ordering, you can uninstall it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/BIT/aapromo?ie=UTF8&bitCampaignCode=a0050

This one's like the gift card promo. You won't get the credit until after Prime Day is over.
Amazon Photos promo - install it on your phone and let it back up your photos and get a $15 credit within 2 weeks: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16334255011

Feeling pretty good about this deal!

Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, 8G storage, with special offers: $129.99
- Prime Day Deal -$45
- Kindle Trade-in gets 25% off original price -$32.5
- Kindle Trade-in gift card -$25
- Whole-foods promo -$10
- Amazon assistant promo -$10

Total cost to upgrade from a 5 year old 2nd gen Paperwhite with 2G storage to 10th gen Paperwhite with 8G storage: $6.50 :dance:

(To be fair, I did spend some of my savings on a new cover since the old one doesn't fit this model.)

Happy reading!:dance:

I needed some furnace filters. 6% + 10% additional off and a lower Prime Day starting price.

I also bought a small quieter air compressor I've been watching.

Many items are marked far down. Garmin Forerunner 35 running watch for $84.99. The Garmin 235 for $139.99. That is $110 off the $250 sale price.

An additional 20% off the Oreck XL vacuum I was following and the price was $20 lower for Prime Day.

shop and only buy if it is a planned purchase.

I'm a loyal Amazon Prime member because I'm lazy. If I drove around to 10 different stores researching the best deal on one product, I'd be tired. I chalk the Amazon Prime Days as a great marketing tool. Grabs ya.

I have nothing to buy today or tomorrow. The only reason I would is if I needed something. I don't (today or tomorrow). I'm happy for those who did and found a good price. Then again, I never raced to Black Friday, Monday or the day before Christmas or the week after Christmas sales. god forbid standing in line.

My six year old Kindle is not holding it's charge very well . I may purchase another one on prime day .

I told my wife mine wasn't holding a charge well any more and one showed up for my birthday a month or so ago. But that is something to consider.. if there is an item that needs replacing anyway, why not use this opportunity to buy low.

Not sure it was a Prime Day deal, but my Toshiba ext HD came back most of the way down to where it was, so I got it. Got a 4K Firestick too. That's it. So far anyway.
They crossed me up and made the "Advanced" Toshiba Canvio cheaper than the "Basics". So I bought that and will return the Basics one that has already shipped. It's a little smaller and lighter, has backup software, and a 2 yr warranty instead of 1. And in blue, so I can tell it apart from the 500GB one I have now.

Also got that Garmin 235 watch because it really is a great deal and that's a solid watch, and eventually something happens to my running watches after 2-3 years. The built in HR monitor will be nice too.

Also got some AAA Amazon Basics batteries on sale, plus I got that $25 gift certificate someone mentioned. I should've waited until the end of Prime Day though, since it took it for my last order instead of giving me the 6% back on my card for that $25. $1.50 frittered away due to poor planning on my part.

In addition to the gift card promo mentioned above, here are a couple of others:

Amazon Assistant promo - install this helper in your browser and then place an order for something that costs at least $50 before discounts and get $10 off. After ordering, you can uninstall it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/BIT/aapromo?ie=UTF8&bitCampaignCode=a0050

This one's like the gift card promo. You won't get the credit until after Prime Day is over./QUOTE]

Are you sure? Fine print seems to suggest that only new prime members have to wait 48 hrs to use it.

I bought about $500 of mostly electrical stuff for the house. Used my Prime CC. I have another $1k or so to buy, mostly circuit breakers, but I don't have my list yet. I think I will order some furnace filters.

Our new house has two old programmable thermostats and Prime has a extra discount on the Johnson Controls GLAS smart thermostat and offers a free Echo Dot with the purchase of a Honeywell smart thermostat. I got spoiled when our new HVAC unit in the old house included a thermostat that you can control remotely with a phone app. maybe will bite bullet tomorrow. Also looking at an 8 ft step ladder that is not a Prime deal but the priced just dropped by $20 the other day. New house has need for a bit taller and sturdier step ladder than my old aluminum 6 ft one.

This one's like the gift card promo. You won't get the credit until after Prime Day is over./QUOTE]

Are you sure? Fine print seems to suggest that only new prime members have to wait 48 hrs to use it.

Sorry, I see my formatting was not very good in that post. I meant to indicate that the photos promo is the one that takes two weeks. It's good for $15 off $25 of merchandise, excluding gift cards, digital content and items sold by 3rd party sellers. Promo code expires August 31, 2019.

The Amazon Assistant promo was available immediately and it was automatically applied on the order I started through the browser add-in.

The Amazon Assistant promo was available immediately and it was automatically applied on the order I started through the browser add-in.
Thanks for the clarification. As it turns out, the Amazon Assistant promo doesn't stack with the $10 Whole Foods promo I got the other day. Also, they only allow one Honeywell Thermostat/Echo Dot combo deal to be ordered and I need two. :mad: So I may just order the thermostat combo now and the step ladder in a couple of days. Maybe get my buddy to order a second thermostat combo for me!:dance:

I just (yes, shopping at 4AM) picked up an air fryer - $79.99 vs. $119.99 original price and then there was an extra $10 off coupon on it. I do all the cooking and we eat in almost always, so I'm interested in throwing this into the mix to change things up a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJBBGHG

Then Jet-Dry showed up with a great price so I stocked up. Recently tried Cascade rinse aid because of the better price and it's terrible - leaves a haze on our glassware.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9SOB1K

As far as getting additional Amazon discounts - if you have a Discover credit card as well as some other, keep both on file and the non-Discover card as your default. Eventually you'll get a promo that if you switch your default to Discover, you'll get a $10 credit. After doing that, a few weeks later, change the default back to your other credit card - next year the offer comes up again. I've done it twice now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom