Prime Day 2019

We have received all our Prime Day purchases except the Kindle Paperwhite. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but they sent an email about an "unexpected problem" and would email when they come up with a new date. It's odd because they show that they are still in stock?

We have received all our Prime Day purchases except the Kindle Paperwhite. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but they sent an email about an "unexpected problem" and would email when they come up with a new date. It's odd because they show that they are still in stock?
That's just a generic notice. I got the same thing for one day delivery. Never got an email when they located the package and got it into delivery. It just showed up on the doorstep. (Big Hint: check your account to see the actual delivery info.)

That's just a generic notice. I got the same thing for one day delivery. Never got an email when they located the package and got it into delivery. It just showed up on the doorstep. (Big Hint: check your account to see the actual delivery info.)

I saw in the account yesterday that it was to be delivered but it had yet to be shipped...first sign. Last night I got the delay email and this AM another, similar email. The account shows that they aren't sure when it will ship, but will let me know.

I think AMZN had a couple of VERY busy days. Between DW and me, we are scheduled for 4 packages today. Two were delivered already but by two different trucks and I just got a notification that the last two packages will be delivered shortly.

I didn't order a thing on Amazon Prime Day.

BUT -- last week, in a three day period that did not include Amazon Prime Day, I ordered 8 packages. (This was all stuff to help in my recovery from my future knee surgery.) All 8 were delivered on time or early, and in decent condition.

Yeah, it would have been cheaper if I had ordered everything on Prime Day. But hey, Blow That Dough, I should care but I do not. I will probably order more this week.

I didn't order a thing on Amazon Prime Day.

BUT -- last week, in a three day period that did not include Amazon Prime Day, I ordered 8 packages. (This was all stuff to help in my recovery from my future knee surgery.) All 8 were delivered on time or early, and in decent condition.

Yeah, it would have been cheaper if I had ordered everything on Prime Day. But hey, Blow That Dough, I should care but I do not. I will probably order more this week.

Oh they are on the ball with our deliveries about 99% of the time. I have had 101 orders in the last 6 months and 137 in 2018...so we get a LOT of stuff from them and rarely do we have issues with delivery.

I had one item missing from my orders, an 8-pack of 9V batteries. In about a 2 minute chat session they reordered them for me, no charge. I told them I would accept any shipping speed as it wasn't urgent, but they said I'd get them Monday.

If you go to Manage Your Devices do you see it there?
https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/myx#/home/devices/2
The new device gets registered when it is picked in the warehouse before they pack and ship it, so if you see it in your account, they did at least do the first step and it got lost after that.

If you go to Manage Your Devices do you see it there?
https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/myx#/home/devices/2
The new device gets registered when it is picked in the warehouse before they pack and ship it, so if you see it in your account, they did at least do the first step and it got lost after that.

Just got shipping confirmation and it will be here tomorrow. I am guessing it probably had something to do with programming the device to my account. One extra step in the processing/shipping process.

But, excellent information! I have way, WAY too many devices! ;)

Yikes! The kindle Fire 7 tablets we ordered are scheduled to arrive ...

Arriving Wed, Aug 28

What magic are you using to get yours this month?

You buy a $25 amazon gift card and then you get a $5 credit in your amazon account - IF you are a prime member.

Turns out they are a couple of constraints on the promotional credit:

1. It can only be used on products sold by Amazon, which is why it did not show up in my cart when I ordered something yesterday.

2. You must use it by Sept 1, or it goes poof.

I've been nursing my iphone 6 for a couple of years trying to get every last ounce of life out of it. I finally decided this would be the year to replace it. It's only a 16 gig and I've had to keep removing programs to stay under the capacity. Also not enough room to store pics and music. So it's in our 2019 lumpy items budget. I had been toying with the idea of moving away from the iphone. I have been considering the Samsung S10 , 128 gig which is expandable and the Pixel 3, as well as the iphone Xs and have done a ton of research.

Amazon had a $300 off price on Samsung's S10. Total cost $599. I went to the AT&T store yesterday to do the touchy feely thing and ask lots of questions of the AT&T tech who was nice enough to give me more info, even though he knew I was going to buy it elsewhere. So I pulled the trigger finally. I tried mid afternoon and there were no more S10's. I was bummed. But I tried again at about 6pm and the site showed the S10 was again available with a 9/1 ship date. So I pounced.

I also bought more ink for my HP printer, from a non HP producer that was a deal of the day and a 3 piece Samsonite spinner luggage set, that we need to replace two very tired and beat up suitcases that no longer "spin", also a deal of the day. The luggage was marked down to $158. Today the price for the same luggage set is $389.

Got an email today. Phone is arriving Tuesday, rather than 9-5. I’m impressed. I must admit that I’m ordering so much on-line lately that I don’t even remember what is scheduled to arrive on any given day. AND, it all seems to arrive early. I haven’t been to the mall or a big box(few exceptions to our local Walmart) in many months.

My Amazon Prime deliveries weren't as on time as some others here. Out of 6 items ordered, two of them are experiencing delays. One is the new camera that I purchased.

They told me that my Amazon orders would arrive on Thursday, but I got them on Wednesday- 2 days.

Now I get a message that packages will arrive between July 20-23. That's a pretty large window to claim on supposedly 2 day delivery :(.

They told me that my Amazon orders would arrive on Thursday, but I got them on Wednesday- 2 days.

Took mine a bit longer but I had everything by yesterday (Friday).

My order was suppose to be here by Thursday (7-18). I got an email yesterday (7-19) saying my package has been delayed in transit and will be here in the next 3 to 5 days. That will be 8 to 10 days since placing my order, if it makes it by then. Coincidentally, I bought something on-line directly from Best Buy the same day. Already got it.

This is not the first time this has happen. Of course they billed my credit card right on time. Yep, they really have their act together.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, I bought something on-line directly from Best Buy the same day. Already got it.

This is not the first time this has happen. Of course they billed my credit card right on time. Yep, they really have their act together.

Well, I assume that Best Buy didn't sell 175,000,000 items over a 48 hour period.

I actually think that for some of the pretty good deals that were offered, it's OK to wait a couple of extra days and I have no issues with it. If folks are that spun up about it, send a note to Amazon and you'll get a couple months credit towards your Prime membership.

This is a perfect example of how we, as a society, have gotten spoiled. "What do you mean you can't my package to me in 48 hours?!? THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!"

This is a perfect example of how we, as a society, have gotten spoiled. "What do you mean you can't my package to me in 48 hours?!? THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!"

I'm always reminded of a favorite strip in the old "Cathy" cartoon. Cathy is frantically trying to get her last minute holiday shopping done, and screams out in frustration "I don't have TIME for instant gratification!" :LOL:

Three items I ordered that were supposed to arrive yesterday are delayed now won't arrive until sometime between today and the 23rd. A couple items include a new camera and SD card for the camera.

I'm not in that big of a rush since I really don't need the camera right now. So, stuff happens and I figure probably some poor soul delivery person got overwhelmed with all the Prime Day package deliveries and the terrible gripping much of the nation heat.

Now, if I was counting on the camera and SD card to take on a vacation today, then I'd be peeved. But like I said, I'm in no rush so no harm, no foul :popcorn:.

Heck .. I got a sweetheart deal shopping during Prime Day anyhow... 6% cash back in stead of 5% off. $10 free via Whole Foods and a free cloth shopping bag. Then another $60 credit on future purchase for spending about $500 on Amazon products. I could put up with a deliver delay for a few days :cool:.

Last edited:
Well, I assume that Best Buy didn't sell 175,000,000 items over a 48 hour period.

That's not the point. Amazon made the fast delivery claim, not Best Buy.

:facepalm: That's not the point. Amazon made the fast delivery claim, not Best Buy.

I finally got my package yesterday. (~4 days late) The funny thing is Amazon sent me a request to review/rate this transaction the day before I actually received the package.

I gave them a one star rating and added the following in the comments section: (Bold text below)

Delayed in receiving

Still have not received the package. I was told it would be here by 7/18. It's now 7/21 and still nothing.

Then yesterday they sent me this in response to my rating and/or comments. (Bold text below)

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:

I guess a poor rating and/or negative comments about shipping delays doesn't meet their publishing guidelines.

I'm still waiting on a package to arrive. Scheduled to arrive today. Also, 4 days later.

I finally got my package yesterday. (~4 days late) The funny thing is Amazon sent me a request to review/rate this transaction the day before I actually received the package.

I gave them a one star rating and added the following in the comments section: (Bold text below)

Delayed in receiving

Still have not received the package. I was told it would be here by 7/18. It's now 7/21 and still nothing.

Then yesterday they sent me this in response to my rating and/or comments. (Bold text below)

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:

I guess a poor rating and/or negative comments about shipping delays doesn't meet their publishing guidelines.
It's a product review, not a shipping review. You may have a terrible delivery service in your area, or your local Amazon warehouse is either poorly stocked or poorly run. Most of us don't have those problems, and Amazon knows that most people don't want product reviews skewed by delivery problems that have nothing to do with the product.

Stop buying from Amazon if it doesn't work for you.

Back
Top Bottom