Question for the ladies over 40

drink a lot of water, always wear layers so you can dress/undress as needed and have a sense of humor. They really are not hot flashes, but rather power surges.

They signal a great time in a woman's life, a transition from caretaker/mom to an independent person. Seize the opportunity to become in touch with your body. Start focusing on taking care of yourself, eating right, exercising and aging gracefully.

shorttimer said:
They signal a great time in a woman's life, a transition from caretaker/mom to an independent person. Seize the opportunity to become in touch with your body. Start focusing on taking care of yourself, eating right, exercising and aging gracefully.

A great time? yea it's a freaking joy to be this misrable. Age gracefully? ROFLMAO!!! Yea right, don't tell the cosmetic companies or the plastic surgeons of the world this.

cube_rat said:
How about: CHIN HAIRS! eeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Yay. We finally chased Nords out of here. :LOL: If you're lurking, go away NOW!

I've had chin hairs all my life, but they are turning into a major beard now. BLECH!

It takes 20 minutes of plucking every morning. Has anyone tried electrolosis for these??

I'm figuring by the time I start getting them they'll have the laser hair removal down to a science and I'll go that route.

I am starting to get the chin hair thing too. A friend of my did the electrolysis. She was so happy with it, that she had her legs done too. Ouch! I am not at that point.

My big thing is the mood swing stuff. Sometimes I don't know whether it is "me" or the hormones.

I am just naturally a wonderful, sweet, kind, loving and caring person, so I always know that if anything unkind or hurtful comes out of my mouth, it MUST be hormones.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't have chin hairs yet, but I know they are coming, so I've put a special fund aside for beauty treatments in retirement!

I do know a thing or two about laser hair removal (different from electrolysis, but the same concept). I've had several areas zapped and it has worked well. A little pain, but no scars, etc.

It works best on dark hairs, so don't wait until they go grey! Also, if you want to get it done quit plucking! The root needs to be 6 weeks old - so trim for six weeks then go get them zapped. It will take about 4-5 sessions (6 weeks apart) depending on the number of hairs and their growth cycles.

Money well spent I must say!

Medical people - I've had an RN do mine. I think they call themselves "medispas". Different states have different rules on the medical v. non-medical. If I was having my face done I'd definitely go with the medical person.

Just a side note about the RN, she was working crazy long hours at the hospital then joined a fellow RN in her medispa business and now works part time making the same amount of money and not dealing with blood and guts, I think that was a great transition.

Ladies............since I may be banned in the near future for my oh so innocent post, can I hide out here for a couple of days?

Pretty please?

Martha said:
Well OK, but you have to read this thread first:

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=9303.0

::)

But........but..........that thread started before I joined. I don't have a lot of body hair, for a man. And when I want to remove it I.....................nope I don't want to banned from this thread also.

Thanks Martha, if anyone comes looking for me, just tell em, I'm shaving.

Martha said:
My big thing is the mood swing stuff. Sometimes I don't know whether it is "me" or the hormones.

Oh, i'm such a bearded biatch!

So far, the thing I dislike most about getting older is the poorer vision. :mad:

Hmmm, my eyes may be so bad that I can't see my chin hairs! :eek: I'll have to look for them in bright sunlight this weekend.

flipstress said:
So far, the thing I dislike most about getting older is the poorer vision. :mad:

Hmmm, my eyes may be so bad that I can't see my chin hairs! :eek: I'll have to look for them in bright sunlight this weekend.

Don't worry, if they were bad you could feel the bristles. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom