Retired "Business" Cards - What would you put on yours?

Since we have a website with over 40 trip stories, we had cards made up with a picture of the first page of our website and the URL.
If anyone asks about a trip to somewhere we give them a card.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-07 161952.png
    Annotation 2020-02-07 161952.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 87
Mine will be the same as when I was working. Nonexistent.

Thank you to the folks who revived this old thread!

This is a great idea, and I just spent about 3 hours on this website www.zazzle.com playing around with a couple dozen fun "business card" ideas for when I retire. I created a few and saved them, and will revisit to choose one closer to my retirement date.

I decided whatever else I say on the card, it will include "Happily Retired Since 2020." :D

I always take a half dozen when we travel. If you meet people you become friendly with on a trip, it's nice to hand them one so the friendship can be maintained later. I usually give them two and ask them to write their own email on the back of one so the exchange is reciprocal.

I always take a half dozen when we travel. If you meet people you become friendly with on a trip, it's nice to hand them one so the friendship can be maintained later. I usually give them two and ask them to write their own email on the back of one so the exchange is reciprocal.

That's a good idea about using a second card to get their info; thanks.

I'm not a traveler, and won't be one in retirement, but I do (and will) meet people from time to time in my local haunts (library, classes, possibly a new church, volunteer activities, etc) and it will be helpful to have a shorthand way to say "let's keep in touch."

I would get one that said "Retired Actuary" but that just begs the question that I really dislike answering

I would get one that said "Retired Actuary" but that just begs the question that I really dislike answering

Mine will make zero reference to what I did to earn a living. My "job" title will read "Ailurophile & Bibliophile." :D

I think of them more as fun "calling cards" than "business" cards.

I made up a box of cards from Vistaprint when we sold the house and lived in our motorhome. Had a nice picture of our motorhome with a glacier in the background along with my DW and my name, phone number, blog, and email. Gave them out to people we met and wanted to stay connected with.

Full time rvers here. Ours have names etc on one side. The other side has a beautiful sunset with a man and his dog. At the bottom "Not all who wander are lost". At the top "Needs of a retired man:Truck, good dog, wife with a job".

Keep a few in my money clip in the credit card clasp.

Like the RV'ers, boaters use "boat cards." Very handy when you meet someone you'd like to keep in touch with in some port or anchorage. I also have some cards for my "business" of occasionally taking on a boat delivery gig that intrigues me.

I like the idea of a "retirement" card with some witty saying. I think I'd do those as a one-off (or 10-off, however many fit on one of those Avery business card sheets.)

This has got to be among the oldest threads ever resurrected here!

Last edited:
Cannot imagine why I would need or want a business card. Left that life behind me!

I think of them more as fun "calling cards" than "business" cards.

Precisely. Like the kind we use when calling on friends and relatives. Their butler puts the card on a silver platter and in a few minutes returns and informs us that "Regretfully, Sir/Madam Cumberbum is otherwise occupied today". :)

Given how many times I have messed up an email ID and others have messed up copying mine, I think a simple calling card with one's name, and email ID is an excellent idea.

My occupation: Retired gentleman of modest but independent means.

Precisely. Like the kind we use when calling on friends and relatives. Their butler puts the card on a silver platter and in a few minutes returns and informs us that "Regretfully, Sir/Madam Cumberbum is otherwise occupied today". :)

Given how many times I have messed up an email ID and others have messed up copying mine, I think a simple calling card with one's name, and email ID is an excellent idea.

My occupation: Retired gentleman of modest but independent means.

Just like that! :2funny::2funny:

I will have to make sure my Jeeves has an ample supply of the new cards. Love your occupation, by the way. :D

From the title, I first thought this was a thread on what to do with your extra business cards now that you no longer need them. No way would I make up new cards with some catchy words. I'm too much of an INTJ for needing them. For those who do carry such social pleasantries with them, great. Sorry I cannot reciprocate.

By sheer coincidence, today I found an old business card case while doing some de-cluttering. One of those burnished gold-colored metal folders with my name engraved on it, in a (very old and dusty) red velvet pouch.

Inside were some cards with my favorite job title. MegaCorp was famous for changing our titles all the time, even when the jobs didn't change. These were from before all that, when the job title meant something. I think I'll keep these as a souvenir.

Al
Introvert
Don't call me

wow this thread wins holy necrobump of the year so far...

Ours has our names opposed on the top line (she her maiden name being used)
The home numbers: NOTB Mexico
Cell numbers ditto
VOIP number centered
Emails opposed

Back blank so they can make notes about who where etc they met us. i.e. without a picture, we are not that memorable...

(No postal info, nor career hints)

We got the $10 for a 100 cards 14 years ago. Still have some. We took a picture of the lake off our deck and used it as the backdrop. It is our calling card, and a little bit bragging with the view.

When I was a kid, I remember my uncle gave me his card. Very prominently it said "Tired and Retired", or maybe it was "Retired and Tired". I had that card forever. I don't think it had much other useful information on it. He was kind of a character, so it may have been some joke card he had to give out for a good laugh.

My favourite card was that of a lively 65+ gal. It looked like a business card at first but was really about her (especially in the eyes of her happy new husband).

First and last name
Bespoke European Adventures Planner
Grandmother's Hot, LLC
PO Box ###
City, State, Zip

Email address

As an INFJ...

From the title, I first thought this was a thread on what to do with your extra business cards now that you no longer need them. No way would I make up new cards with some catchy words. I'm too much of an INTJ for needing them. For those who do carry such social pleasantries with them, great. Sorry I cannot reciprocate.

As an INFJ, this is EXACTLY why I'm looking for "business" card ideas. Great ice breaker and a way to keep in touch with people you end up meeting and liking. LOVING this thread! Thanks all!!

Yeah, I'm an introvert, and I still like the idea. There are times, not many but some, when I meet someone and I'd like to have a handy way of giving them my contact info. I'm not like most people who carry their cellphone everywhere, so we can't do it that way. I'm left looking for a pen and piece of paper to write down my info, which is inconvenient. A little card would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom