Retired Females - How many of female friends do you have?

For those women who are retired; how many female friends & aquantainces do you have?

• 0 Friend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Friend

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 2 Friends

• 3 Friends

• 4 Friends

• 5 Friends

• 6 or more

• 0 aquantainces

• 1 aquantaince

• 2 aquantainces

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 3 aquantainces

• 4 aquantainces

• 5 aquantainces

• 6 aquantainces

• 7 aquantainces

• 8 aquantainces

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Vote for 1 in each section

It has often been mentioned that one indicator of a happy retirement is the number of friends and acquaintances you have.

So I am courious about the women who are retired and the number of female friends and acquaintances they have.

I am defining a friend as a person who you discuss personnel issues with; have common interest with and see regulary - at least once every two weeks - A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

I am defining an acquaintance as you may have common interests with (e.g. hobby) but none of the other qualities of a friend.

Let's leave out your children and people who you interact with through the friendships intiated through your significant other for the purposes of this poll.

I am not fully retired, so I can't answer.

But tomorrow I am going to St. Paul for "Women's Wellness Weekend." Three friends from college and I are going to a Claudia Schmidt concert and have a "sleep over" at my best friend's house after we drink too much. :)

I'm not retired either and unable to participate..... once again we need a button to account for Martha and I.

I am retired and have to admit that 3 of my very best friends are my sisters. We all retired fairly early which gives us time to get together often.

I admitted to them how I really look forward to our "girls just having fun days" at lunch recently. Without hesitation they all agreed.

I have several friends with whom I share intimate thoughts and who I think would do anything for me and vv, but I don't see any of them as often as every 2 weeks--more like every 1-2 months plus occasional email and/or phone calls (and that's just the ones who live in my current state). Even when I worked, I didn't usually see friends (outside my workplace friends) more often than every couple of months. Maybe it was the exhaustion of the software biz, having kids at home, or fuindamentally just preferring to spend time alone or with my hubby.

=astro, social caterpillar?!

I have 3 female friends.   

However, my female friends do not exactly fit your definition of "friend" because I do not see them as frequently as "at least once every 2 weeks" as you have described; I probably see them maybe once a month or once every couple of months, on average.   This is partly because all of my female friends are still employed full-time and have active social, home, and/or career lives that come with a lot of responsibilities and/or extensive travel out of town.  (In addition, I have 2 fairly close male friends - one I am dating and the other is a long-time platonic friendship.) 

I have about 5 female acquaintances that I occasionally socialize with or chat with on the phone.  (I also have about 5 male acquaintances - platonic)

Since I have a rather introverted personality, I don't need to be around people constantly to feel happy or secure.   I actually prefer some "space" and don't feel lonely during the stretches of time when I am alone. 

I am curious as to why you are asking only for the number of "female friends" one has. Wouldn't male friends be just as important to a female? It seems that over the years, my closest friends (platonic) have been male.

Toejam said:
I am curious as to why you are asking only for the number of "female friends" one has. Wouldn't male friends be just as important to a female? It seems that over the years, my closest friends (platonic) have been male.

The same question arose for the "male friends" poll. The reason I excluted significant others, children, females friends for males and males friends for females is primarity for simplicity. I've seen when polls that have too many variables get alot of comments and questions about the voting options. So far this has not happened to this poll. I'm surprised someone hasn't posted (seriously or in an attempt to be cleaver) "Hey I'm gay; how do I vote?"

I think the way the polls are worded will get to the object of the poll. What is the nature of the personal support for the those who are retired.

Let's see what the results tell us.

I am not retired yet either.  However 5 of my retired co-workers (females) and I just returned from a Caribbean cruise.  They are former co-workers of mine who are also very good friends.  I am going to a Mountaintop retreat with at least 3 friends the first week-end in March and another small trip with 3 friend at the end of March (for religious play and shopping).

Dreamer

i am a male and not retire yet. but as far as friend goes. i don't really think i have a "real" friend to share my "personal and financial experiences with. i got enuff guys that will go out a have a drink or go to lunch with but "sharing" financial and personal goal with.. ZERO.

may be because i am a guy and may be i too ambition and probably offend someone if i talk about myself too much. who wants to hear your story... let's talk baseball and superbowl..

enuff

Back
Top Bottom