Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

Congratulations to the milestones. Always exciting when a plan and goals are a reality.

Not a financial milestone, but it's been one year since we left LA for Northern California to FIRE. Neither of us miss work, even if hers had become entirely WFH. We also dont miss the heat, smoke and traffic, but do miss the huge variety of restaurants, diverse neighborhoods, galleries and venues. Still, all in all, so far so good. There was never any doubt in my mind that the market would tank around the time we pulled the trigger, and right on schedule... Glad that was built into our plan.

Not a financial milestone, but it's been one year since we left LA for Northern California to FIRE. Neither of us miss work, even if hers had become entirely WFH. We also dont miss the heat, smoke and traffic, but do miss the huge variety of restaurants, diverse neighborhoods, galleries and venues. Still, all in all, so far so good. There was never any doubt in my mind that the market would tank around the time we pulled the trigger, and right on schedule... Glad that was built into our plan.

What part of NorCal are you in that lacks a variety of restaurants?

FIRECalc found that 0 cycles failed, for a success rate of 100.0%.

At 55, we finally did it, 110k a year for my DW and I, shows 100% success rate. :dance:
Now begins the transition from working all the time to enjoying free time. It's strange that I feel a little uneasy about that, it is what I have been trying for all my carrier.
I guess it means I can give notice this year and finally be done. :dance:

At 55, we finally did it, 110k a year for my DW and I, shows 100% success rate. :dance:
Now begins the transition from working all the time to enjoying free time. It's strange that I feel a little uneasy about that, it is what I have been trying for all my carrier.

Congrats. What is your NW combined?

Many congratulations ! You did pretty good and apprehension is natural.
Can you share what "withdrawal method" will generate $110K/Yrs? 4% from investments ? Annuity ? Bond Interest? Pension ? others ?

Last edited:
Well, just passed $4M NW (again) today with the market bump and our house valuation still going up. It's not as much fun the second time, but still nice!

Reached 400 grand in investments! Actually, we went on vacation for a week and came home richer than we left! :D

03-20-2015: 100,000
09-24-2018: 200,000
09-24-2019: 300,000
06-03-2021: 400,000
11-18-2022: Clawed back to 400,000. Still down a couple 10K from the peak despite significant investments in the last 1.5 years. Of course those 400,000 are now worth more like 350,000... Oh well.

11-18-2022: Clawed back to 400,000. Still down a couple 10K from the peak despite significant investments in the last 1.5 years. Of course those 400,000 are now worth more like 350,000... Oh well.

You are doing great! Just keep clawing away and keep focused on the goal/plan you want to get too.

Again Great Job!

Congratulations! You are doing great. Don’t get discouraged by temporary setbacks. Think of the big picture and how far you have come already. Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing about your future progress reports.

Just reached the eight figure mark for total NW again. Just about a year after we did last time.

A pretty minor milestone, but I've elected to convert my Fortune500 cash balance pension to an annuity and begin receiving payments on 2/1/23. It's a rather small portion of our overall plan...will pay us about $1,350/mo for life...not COLA-adjusted. I also had a 401k at that company which I rolled to a TIRA...but wanted this other "piece" to be annuitized.

When combined with our SS checks we will begin receving in about 2 years, our annuities will cover about 68% of our living expenses...which is nice. The rest comes from our savings.

Another milestone is that we signed DW up for Medicare starting 2/1/23. I'm a few years younger. :)

I've hit $5M for the fourth time in the last 15 months. Hoping this will be the last time, but have to say i'm cautiously pessimistic :)

I've hit $5M for the fourth time in the last 15 months. Hoping this will be the last time, but have to say i'm cautiously pessimistic :)
Congratulations! Is that Net Worth or money portfolio.

Little over 7 million invested at present, most of it after tax brokerage. Paid off house

Last edited:
Got my first pension annuity payment from my previous Fortune500 employer today. Not a large amount, but it's for life with 50/50 J/S benefit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom